- Internships /
- Plant Maintenance Technician
Plant Maintenance TechnicianBookmark This
Express Employment Professionals
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The primary purpose of the Maintenance Technician is to ensure smooth functioning of the plant equipment through preventative maintenance and repair as needed. Position requires a proven history of being a positive, self-driven team player who can work at a fast pace in a team based environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled:
· Record all activities in COGS.
· Ensure that all PMs are done on schedule
· Advise supervisor if any PM work is not done as scheduled.
· Advise supervisor if any PM work reveals serious issues
2. Work collaboratively with all employees, always remembering that the maintenance department services production.
3. Responsible for safe machine operation:
· Don’t take shortcuts – always follow proper safety procedures when working on or around machinery.
· Follow all lock out/tag out procedures.
4. Perform all repair work on demand in a careful and efficient manner.
· Seek counsel from supervisor when priorities are conflicting
5. May be responsible for starting up the boiler and shutting it down daily or periodically.
6. Notify supervisor when maintenance supplies are low so that they can be replenished on time.
7. Find things to do when PM work is complete and repair work is not needed at that moment. There are always things that can be done to increase the efficiency of our equipment.
8. Be creative about coming up with ideas for improvements.
9. Participate in staff meetings collaboratively.
10. Attend Safety Meetings as directed.
11. Any other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
· The ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without an accommodation.
· At least 5 years experience in a production equipment maintenance function
· Must possess skills in preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the following (mechanical, electrical to include schematic, relays and logic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, boiler operation and some welding and fabrication)
· Excellent mechanical skills
· Computer proficiency – comfortable operating computerized equipment
· Has succeeded at a job that required attention to detail
DECISION MAKING ACCOUNTABILITY
(List routine decisions the incumbent should make autonomously)
· Authority to make decisions about repair work quickly within boundaries of routine repairs.
(List decisions that the incumbent should seek approval prior to making)
· Any non-routine issue that may occur
The following physical requirements are necessary to perform the essential functions of this position:
· Frequent standing and walking during working hours.
· Frequent sitting, bending, stooping
· Frequent lifting and pushing of up to 100 pounds
· Frequent grasping
· Frequent getting up and down, in and out of a vehicle.
The physical requirements of this position (check only one) are:
___ Sedentary work – exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally
Light work – exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently
___ Medium work – exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently.
X Heavy work – exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 lbs. of force frequently
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees.
Founded in 1983, Express today employs 400,000 people across nearly 700 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal is at the heart of our company's vision, to help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help them find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, and there are full-time, part-time, and temporary positions available. And, as one of the leading staffing agencies in North America, Express provides employment services and workforce solutions to employers throughout our community. Contact us today to get started on finding the right fit for you.