- Internships /
- PM Warehouse Operator/Cherry Picker
PM Warehouse Operator/Cherry PickerBookmark This
Tire's Warehouse, Inc
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We have an immediate need for Warehouse Operators/Cherry Pickers to work our night shift at our Redlands, CA location. Hours:10:00 pm to 6:30 am
Summary:Product handling for inbound (unload trucks) and outbound (load trucks) processes with accuracy and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receiving Containers -Receive and organize the tires from a container in an efficient and orderly manner such that the trucking company delivering the tires is released and on their way before the detention period.
- Stock Inventory -Efficiently put away inventory off-loaded from containers in a safe and logical manner in accordance to directions provided by Warehouse Management System and / or Supervising staff.
- Filling and Staging Sales / Transfer Orders -Accurately and safely pull and stage all of the tires for order fulfillment as directed by Warehouse Management System to facilitate an accurate and efficient truck loading process.
- Loading Delivery Trucks -Efficiently and safely load all of the staged tires onto the delivery truck in manner that makes the orders go quick and easy to deliver in accordance to Warehouse Management System load sequence. Immediately report all inventory discrepancies to supervising staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pre-Employment Testing / Screening- Must successfully meet all pre-employment screening requirements, including background check, physical abilities testing , drug and alcohol screening.
- Education and/or Experience -High School or G.E.D.; must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Minimum of 2 years Cherry Picker and RF experience. Will be trained and certified on forklifts by our training manager.
- Language Skills -Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills -Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability -Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule forms.
- Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work standing up, walk, use hands and fingers to operate tools and equipment, and speak and listen, both over the phone and in person to customer and fellow employees, in order to perform the above listed duties. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to work in a seated position, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values. Responds promptly to requests for documentation from other company staff.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Promptly responds to inquires.
Through decades of successful relationships with its manufacturing partners, the Company has been able to offer its customers an unparalleled breadth and depth of products from within the tire marketplace. This, combined with its industry leading customer service, is the base of the foundation for TWI. The Company's expertise in marketing and developing brands drives major domestic and international tire manufacturers to rely on TWI's proven abilities to effectively promote and expand product lines. TWI has a highly regarded service model into the retail tire community with unmatched value-added service and extraordinary delivery capabilities. TWI provides retailers with deliveries twice a day.