- Internships /
- Primary Therapist - Substance Abuse
Primary Therapist - Substance AbuseBookmark This
Recovery Unplugged Austin
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Recovery Unplugged Treatment Center in Austin, Texas is seeking experienced and impassioned full time primary therapist for our residential drug treatment program. Recovery Unplugged has a cutting edge approach to addiction treatment using music to breakdown defenses, engage clients in their treatment and inspire ongoing recovery. The work environment is energetic and our organization is focused on client care and improving outcomes. If you are passionate , love music and want to make a difference please send a resume for immediate consideration. We offer a competitive salary , bonus and healthcare benefits.
- Provides screenings and assessments of new patients under the direction of the Clinical Director for both partial hospitalization and outpatient services, both telephone and in person.
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Treatment Team meetings.
- Devises, completes, and documents on a regular basis on the initial treatment plan, master treatment plan, integrated diagnostic summary and treatment plan reviews/updates under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director.
- Facilitates team interaction for discharge planning.
- Shares pertinent information with team as obtained from patient’s family, or others as indicated throughout program.
- Attends weekly staffing meetings per schedule.
- Evaluates the impact of therapeutic interventions upon the therapeutic milieu.
- Performs an initial paperwork for all patients including an initial treatment plan, initial discharge plan and comprehensive bio-psychosocial assessment under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director.
- Provides education to patient/family on community resources.
- Facilitates discharge planning process with patient/families under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director.
- Develops individualized treatment plan with each patient in conjunction with team under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director.
- Documents in the medical record on an ongoing basis, the assessment of the patient’s progress/regress and interventions, and case management referrals provided under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director.
- Acts as a liaison, providing referrals, between the patient and significant others, referral sources, community resources, and other social service agencies, as indicated.
- Recognizes, responds to, and assists in psychiatric crisis situations and provide the interventions necessary.
- Reports potential crisis situations or problems to the Clinical Director.
- Responds and assists in medical emergency situations as directed and needed.
- Communicates and alerts the nurse and physician of medication issues of the patient.
- Communicates effectively with patient, staff and physician.
- Fills in for any absence of staff on an as needed basis.
- Provides community education, as requested.
- Works with administration to enhance the overhaul working environment.
- Adheres to Policies & Procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned by management or leadership.
- Masters degree in mental health, psychology, or related field
- Attain or actively pursuing addiction counseling certification under a qualified person