- Internships /
- Process Operator – La Porte TX
Process Operator – La Porte TXBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Monitors the process, takes readings and makes adjustments to controllers to correct deviations to conform to operating conditions through set standards. Also responsible for product transfers and transitions as required by the Operating Schedule Category Activity Report. In addition, responsible for communicating and coordinating outside activities with outside operators, including extruder operator, and the product loading area operators.
· Following operating discipline, procedures and practices to ensure a safe and efficient operation of assigned duties.
· Performing routine operation of basic control systems and devices to monitor levels, temperatures, pressures and flow rates and transfer of products.
· Controlling, monitoring and adjustment of all control systems and manually operated equipment.
· Identifying any equipment that requires maintenance, clearing and tagging equipment as required and issuing Safe Work Permits for maintenance and project work.
· Using troubleshooting skills to resolve process, product quality, safety, and environmental problems.
· Acting as a resource for other Technicians on job tasks and prioritization of work activities. Performing tasks assigned per task list. Accurately completing all required paperwork.
· Performing all duties with a high degree of dedication to safety and environmental stewardship.
· 6 Year Mandatory membership with the Braskem La Porte Emergency Response Team
· Pass background check and pre-employment physical if offer is received and accepted
· Physically able to use standard safety equipment (rated for 300 lbs or less)
· Be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work in tight or closed-in spaces (e.g. pipe rack).
· Be able to climb stairs and work at heights.
· Be able to lift hoses, bolt flanges and operate valves and similar equipment as a normal part of the job.
· Be able to work a rotating shift and overtime as required.
· Be able to work overtime when needed (including weekends & holidays).
· Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
· Must have a current, valid, United States driver license
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
· 2 years of chemical plant experience
· Process Technology degree.
· Previous Polyolefin operations experience
Braskem is the largest producer of thermoplastic resins in the Americas and the leading producer of biopolymers in the world, creating more environmental-friendly, intelligent and sustainable solutions through chemicals and plastics. Known for innovative solutions such as Iâm green PolyethyleneTM made from renewable sugarcane and UTECÂ®, the companyâs own trademarked Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene for high performance applications, Braskemâs products and technologies enable the automotive, packaging, healthcare, and construction industries to produce goods that enhance quality of life for people around the world.
Braskem America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Braskem S.A. headquartered in Philadelphia. The company is the leading producer of polypropylene in the United States, with five production plants located in Texas, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, and an Innovation and Technology Center in Pittsburgh. For more information, visit www.braskem.com.