- Internships /
- Product Engineer
Product EngineerBookmark This
Professional Recruiters LLC
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Excellent Salary and benefits
Full relocation if required
• Generally assigned to complex components, sub-assemblies and systems. Assignments may include programs with new customers, the introduction of new technology, accelerated development cycles or integrated product lines.
• Coordinates the complete development for the designated products including, but not limited to design, build and test activities, in accordance with standard operating procedures and the product delivery process.
• Helps define and incorporates customer requirements, and product specifications into the design of the designated products, ensuring compliance with operational, cost, timing, safety, reliability, quality, and manufacturing feasibility parameters and government regulations.
• Analyzes products and formulates engineering conclusions by the application of engineering and/or mathematical principles and tools. Applies and facilitates QFD, FEA, FMEA, DOE, VA/VE and DFM/DFA in the development of the product.
• Writes/compiles and approves engineering content for the following deliverables: engineering specifications and documentation, including DVP&R’s, 8D’s, GD&T, BOM, prototype control plans, key product characteristics, engineering changes and work orders.
• Consults and collaborates with personnel in various engineering and design activities relative to product development requirements. Effectively conducts communications within the project team and the customer, supplier, manufacturing and quality communities with support from engineering management as required. Maintains all appropriate documentation.
• Provides engineering direction and support to design personnel.
• Reviews and approves engineering designs. Reviews, approves, completes, and submits required change notices to ensure design outputs meet design inputs.
• Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables. Develops project timing.
• Provides guidance to engineering personnel regarding best practices, design specifications, manufacturing processes, customer requirements and safety requirements.
• Contributes to the development of labor and material cost estimates for engineering changes.