- Internships /
- Program Coordinator- Bay Area Climate Collaborative
Program Coordinator- Bay Area Climate CollaborativeBookmark This
Bay Area Climate Collaborative
2001 Gateway Place, Suite 101E
San Jose, CA
Posted: March 11 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Bay Area Climate Collaborative (BACC) is a public-private initiative launched by Bay Area civic and business leaders to accelerate clean energy in the region. Major partners include Bank of America, Pacific Gas & Electric and Environmental Defense Fund, and local governments representing over 70 percent of the Bay Area population.
The BACC is seeking a program intern to support daily office activities and to contribute meaningfully to our programmatic work.
BACC interns gain valuable skills and experience in key clean energy work in the region, meet elected officials and business leaders, and develop their networks for new opportunities.
Benefits of this position include:
• Job opportunities in the field brought to the attention of coordinators
• Letters of reference and/or LinkedIn recommendation offered for strong performance.
• The opportunity to shadow Carl Guardino, President and CEO of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, on a day of their choice.
• Informational interview with Rafael Reyes, Executive Director of the Bay Area Climate Collaborative
• Valuable exposure and connections with leaders in the clean energy space
If interested, please send your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to BACC Program Associate Alison Erlenbach: email@example.com, with the subject "BACC Coordinator Application"
ResponsibilitiesKey responsibilities include:
• Public communications such as op-eds, blogs, press releases, website
• Support and development of BACC operations and key processes
• Event planning, communications, and coordination
• Research on economic and/or CO2 reduction impacts of specific actions
• Attendance and logistical coordination of working groups in specific areas (EVs, green building, energy efficiency, solar, etc)
• Fundraising support such as philanthropic and corporate funder research and materials preparation
Approximately 40% of this position will be dedicated to project-level work including targeted research, action area work and fundraising support. The other 60% will be dedicated to daily office and communications support tasks. This is an uncompensated opportunity and we look for a commitment of 2-3 months and at least 2 days a week.