- Internships /
- Program Director - Medical Assisting
Program Director - Medical AssistingBookmark This
Education Corp of America
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Would you like to work for one of the most progressive companies in the career education industry? Are you excited about giving committed students the skills they need to be successful? Then consider joining us at Virginia College.
For our Program Director over Medical Assisting, we are looking for a dynamic, high-energy leader who inspires both students and faculty. If you have an electric personality, a student-focused approach, and strong clinical knowledge and experience, then step into a bright future and apply with us TODAY!
What are the expectations?
Expectations for our Program Directors include: developing and maintaining a strong instructor bench, supervising and mentoring instructors, advising students, teaching classes (as needed) and supporting program enrollment and retention. You will lead the program with professionalism and integrity, while fostering an enthusiastic atmosphere that motivates the students. Our programs must maintain a 70% benchmark or greater in both student placement and retention. This position will report to the Academic Dean.
The majority of your time will be spent in the following areas:
• Student Interaction
• Administrative and Compliance
• Managing and Developing Faculty
- Bachelor's Degree required and certification as a CMA, RMA, NRCMA or CCMA, or ability to obtain quickly.
- Three years of full-time experience in a healthcare facility including a minimum of 40 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting.
- Classroom teaching experience
- Prior post-secondary education experience is a MUST
Additional details on position requirements:
- Advise Students - Responsible for developing and sustaining student relationships through participation in student orientations and provide proper counseling, coaching, mentoring, scheduling, and advisement.
- Supervise Instructors - Participate in hiring, training, instructor orientations, mentoring program instructors; provide faculty development and in-service opportunities; and, provide growth opportunities for teaching methodologies.
- Support Operations - Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, academic metrics, program budget, classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and provide actionable information to the Dean, Campus President, and Corporate Academics.
- Ensure Compliance - Responsible for adherence to ACICS criteria, programmatic accreditor criteria, and corporate and college policies and procedures.
- Support Program Enrollment - Provide product knowledge to admissions quarterly and interview applicants as requested. Support campus and corporate events.
Virginia College is an institution of higher education dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
We keep education relevant by employing staff and instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure students studies align with their career goals. Programs offered by Virginia College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
To learn more about our company, please click here: www.vc.edu
We provide educational opportunities in business, administrative, management, medical, technical and professional programs that are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the job market in the career areas of their choice. It is our goal to specialize in those areas for which the job growth potential is expected to be the highest. Our hallmark is personalized, practical, real-world instruction that best prepares the student for his or her future while meeting the needs of employers. And we pledge to accomplish that in an encouraging, resourceful and enabling atmosphere.
To learn more about our company, please click here: www.ecacolleges.com