- Internships /
- Program Ergonomist - Human Modeling Simulation (JACK)
Program Ergonomist - Human Modeling Simulation (JACK)Bookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Provide technical ergonomics support for GM Global Manufacturing Engineering Integration Ergonomics Group. Implement common GM design-in ergonomic process during vehicle/stamping and powertrain development process for new product programs. Implement ergonomic requirements throughout the product development process. Comprehend lessons learned, and technical specifications to provide appropriate input into the develop process for engineering and manufacturing. This position requires the need to assimilate data from many sources, and apply both practical and technical problem solving techniques. Assist in driving common ergonomic processes and designs. Decisions are to be made within the limits of general practices, policies, and procedures
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide technical support for New & Major programs as assigned. Ensure the Ergonomics requirements are implemented throughout the duration of all new vehicle and powertrain programs.
2. Perform analysis & evaluation of operations, interpret specifications and guidelines, and provide technical recommendations to all requisite functions.
3. Validate that ergonomic issues have been resolved by taking multiple force measurements on assembly operations. Track open ergonomics issues to closure.
4. Provide communication "bridge" between plant ergonomics and Central Office/Headquarters engineering activities by bringing current plant ergonomics issues to the appropriate design and manufacturing engineers.
5. Assist Plants with identification and development of ergonomics solutions on plant specific requests and issues.
6. Participate as appropriate in specific ergonomics initiatives/projects as needed.
7. Provide timely written reports and updates on specific ergonomics projects.
8. Other contributions as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering with course work in ergonomics or degree in ergonomics, human kinetics or related ergonomics degree, or industrial management (Required).
• 1 to 2 years of industrial experience including internships and co-op work (Required).
• 1 year minimum proficiency with ergonomics analytical tools in manufacturing/industry/course work (Required).
• Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and execute manufacturing and/or ergonomic manufacturing projects (Required).
• High level of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills-ability to interact with all levels of the organization. (Required).
• High level of analytical ability and problem solving skills (Required).
• Demonstrated ability to work well with multiple customers at the same time (Required).
• Demonstrated ability to work with the UAW and other unions (Required).
• Ability to travel (Required).
• Automotive experience (Preferred).
• AutoCAD and CAD/UG working with 3 Dimensional Human Modeling Simulation (JACK) or advance computer skills. (Preferred).
Our solutions are targeted primarily for automotive, aerospace and defense, AEC (Architecture, Engineering, & Construction), healthcare, and industrial manufacturing.
We sell software products from leading suppliers of design, PLM, scheduling, simulation, and supply chain planning.
Our services include:
Training and Education
Assessment and Roadmap
Implementation and Support
Technical Staffing Solutions
PMC joins forces with you to complement your business know-how with our expertise. We work closely with you in a spirit of partnership and cooperation. This team approach ensures the validity of every service we provide. You'll find that our assistance reaches from planning to implementation and right through to post-project support. We earn your trust. Then we keep it.