- Internships /
- Project Controls (Level 1)
Project Controls (Level 1)Bookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Summary: Responsible for supporting project controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform non-routine cost control assignments which require the selection and application of AZCO’s defined control principles, techniques, technical knowledge and resource monitoring of construction activities.
- Calculate material/work quantity requirements, monitor progress, percent complete, etc.
- Supports supervision through identifying potential cost overruns and reforecasting.
- Update construction forecast to reflect updated plans and provide cost data for such items as change requests, bid comparisons, etc.
- Perform tasks required to develop and maintain budgets for a portion of a project. This includes labor rates, invoices, collecting actual rates, monitoring progress.
- Provide technical assistance to jobsite supervision under the direction of the Project Controls Manager.
- Performs non-routine scheduling and planning assignments required to develop and maintain schedules for a portion of, or complete project. Includes collection of actual quantities installed per schedule, assess progress data supplied by others, and visual inspection.
- Supports supervision through preparation, monitoring and updating forecasts and schedules.
- Develops detailed construction schedules with construction management. May assemble data from variety of sources including A/E, client engineering, other contractors, and the like.
- Supervises updating of construction forecast to reflect most current plans; requirements.
- Interface with other operations departments to provide scheduling data for items such as sub contract change requests, bid comparisons, new work item estimates, and resolution of potential schedule/work problems.
- Calculates/prepares various comparison reports, charts, and tables for project analysis.
- Drafts construction schedule network. Enters data into computer, debugs and corrects computer data.
- Develops primary schedules and maintaining man-hour forecasts; reports schedule variances per established deadlines.
- Prepares/assists in special reports, studies etc., requested by the client and/or project management.
Job Requirements :
Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university in construction management, engineering, or related field; and minimum of 5 years construction and project related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 2-4 years of experience with cost and schedule responsibilities, Project Management and/or Heavy Industrial Construction Estimating.
Experience managing change orders.
Headquartered in Menasha, WI, AZCO performs its work throughout the United States serving the power generation, refinery and petrochemical, food and beverage, general manufacturing and pulp and paper industries.
AZCO INC. started business in 1949 with four individuals who identified a need for quality mechanical contractors in the Fox Valley initially serving the pulp and paper industry the region is known for.
Today, AZCO INC. employs over one hundred individuals in the Fox Valley, working with over 500 union craftsmen nationwide. AZCO INC. provides heavy industrial construction and fabrication services to the national marketplace with projects most recently completed in New York,
New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Minnesota, the Dakotas, Missouri, Colorado