- Internships /
- Project Manager I - Technical
Project Manager I - TechnicalBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Project Manager is responsible to facilitate projects including project definition and scope, deliverable, risk assessment, milestones, project tracking, and status reporting. The Project Manager provides project leadership, management, and oversight throughout the project but usually does not provide ongoing support of solutions post-deployment. Project Manager I will independently manage projects small to large in scope and complexity, and manage projects at any level of the organization.
Technical Project Managers are responsible for leading, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and communicating Information Technology centric and/or complex enterprise projects or programs from initiation through delivery. Gather data from sponsors, stakeholders, and end-users to evaluate objectives, requirements, goals, and scope to create technical specifications. Manage end-to-end process that may include research, architecture, development, selection, customization, implementation, validation, training and promotion.
Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure all targets and requirements are met. Ensure technical projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Keep leadership informed of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or other results. May work with software such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), laboratory information system (LIS), human resource information system (HRIS), automation systems, database, or web applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Project Management, Medical Laboratory Science, Biology, Chemistry or equivalent degree, OR Associates degree plus PMP certification
- Minimum two years of experience managing complex, multi-departmental project(s)
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the technical and administrative aspects of all phases of project management, as defined by PMI
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Strong research skills
- Demonstrated technical acumen
Physical and other requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to manage and track complex issues and projects to completion
- Demonstrated experience with computerized systems, database management, and spreadsheet and word processing programs to manipulate data and create reports
- Ability to work well with end users, vendors, consultants, and all levels management
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible as demands and priorities change
- Ability to keep records and to maintain records in a neat and orderly fashion
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well as a team member and foster positive relationships with coworkers
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.