- Internships /
- Public Works Inspector
Public Works InspectorBookmark This
Charles Abbott Associates
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Public Works Inspector
Charles Abbott Associates, Inc. (CAA) is a contract service provider to state and local government agencies. The expertise we provide to agencies includes the departmental functions of building & safety, engineering/public works, environmental, and fire prevention. With over 31 years of experience as a firm serving the public sector, CAA has earned respect in the industry for the outstanding service we provide our clients
CAA is currently accepting resumes for a full time Public Works Inspector to work in our contract cities in Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
Under general supervision, this individual will plan, coordinate, and inspect the maintenance, construction and repair of City streets, sewers, storm drains and related facilities and structures; and to perform related work as required.
Example of Duties:
Provides inspection for development projects, capital improvement projects and maintenance projects to ensure compliance with local government approved plans, specifications, and regulations. Projects may include the maintenance and construction of streets, curbs and gutters; sidewalks, striping, and sign installation; landscape improvement projects; and sewer mains and drainage facilities in public streets, alleys, easements and rights-of-way. Duties also include inspection of all work to ensure compliance with the local agency’s and Regional Water Quality Control Board storm water requirements.
- Principles, practices, and techniques as they relate to street, traffic systems, sewer and storm drain construction, maintenance, and repair.
- Traffic and sign methods and procedures.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety precautions
- Storm water pollution protection best management practices
- Direct and inspect the technical details of street, traffic systems, sewer, storm drain, landscape and other related construction and maintenance work.
- Read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Keep accurate records.
- Prepare a variety of reports and presentations.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Serve as an extension to City staff and take direction from the City Engineer and/or Public Works Director in all matters relating to the performance of the contract
Special Requirements-Possession of an appropriate California driver's license.
Education: Graduation from high school and at least four years of experience in public works construction and maintenance work.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Additionally, CAA offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, supplemental disability, an employee assistance program, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, and a generous vacation policy.
For more information on CAA, visit us at www.caaprofessionals.com
Those who are interested in joining the CAA family can send their resume to the following email address: email@example.com.