- Internships /
- Purchasing Assistant
Purchasing AssistantBookmark This
Astro Mfg & Design
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Obtain materials, components and equipment, as required by the production schedule
• Expedite orders as necessary. Identify actual and potential delivery problems and take proactive steps to inform appropriate personnel
• Establish and maintain relations with suppliers and appropriate representatives and direct and procure supplier technical and operating expertise as required to internal customer
• Maintain an awareness of materials and procurement concepts
• Verify data accuracy (parts numbers, BOMs, Part Costs) in MRP; report problems to appropriate parties
• Understand and apply MRP reports in ordering parts used in production to ensure appropriate delivery dates
• Identify problem areas and offer possible solutions
• Complete special assignments for the Materials department as directed by the Materials Manager
• • Work with engineering on new product introductions, including early supplier involvement
• Implement improvement processes to reduce inventory and non-value added work
• Perform supplier audits, supplier selection and ongoing rating
• Control incoming freight and handling costs
• Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation, etc. Applies cost effective measures as related to support standard cost and make/buy decisions.
• Perform quality and capability assessments of potential and current suppliers.
• 3-5 year’s experience in a similar Supply Chain role in a Manufacturing facility
• Strong negotiating and decision making skills
• Demonstrated experience in negotiating significant long term supply agreements
• Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills
• Experience with ERP/MRP systems (Epicore, SAP, JDE).
• Strong knowledge of material specification.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001 / AS9100
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
We offer our employees a Family Oriented, Dynamic Work Environment, Growth Potential, Education Assistance, and a Competitive Compensation and Benefits Program that includes: Health Care Plans, Dental Plan, 401-K- with Company Match, Paid Time Off and more! JOIN OUR TEAM OF TALENTED EMPLOYEES!