- Internships /
- QA Analyst
QA AnalystBookmark This
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3)
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are seeking Quality Assurance Analystto identify what needs to be tested for successful integration and what entities will need to be involved in establishing test requirements and provide approval for implementation. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in system testing or QA.
Location for these openings is Saint Louis, MOand we are accepting candidates at their Market Rates.
IT QA Analyst - Standard holds responsibility for the analysis of specifications as well as the environment / systems into which changes are to be made to create detailed testing requirements and the task of testing with the intent of detecting defects in software by contrasting a computer program's expected results with its actual results for a given set of inputs.
· Possess in-depth knowledge of the tools and processes required by the role
· Function in complex environments with minimal direction
· Solid individual performance while partnering with others
· Work well through self-directed effort Share knowledge in area of expertise
· May provide technical assistance to resolve operating issues
· Analysis of specifications and the environment / systems affected by proposed changes to identify what needs to be tested for successful integration and what entities will need to be involved in establishing test requirements and provide approval for implementation
· Test software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects
· Carry out various methods of testing including manual, batch and automated to test application/infrastructure changes and correlate them to the business solution
· Utilize established processes and tools in the creation of test plans and test cases, set up data and track defects
· Validation of test results, proactively explain and work through variances
· Validation of test results (manual or automated scripts)
· Report progress on problem resolution to management
· Contribute to the identification and implementation of process improvements
Job Requirements/ Qualifications:
· 3 - 5 years experience in system testing or QA required
· Solid understanding of the QA role and associated testing principles and testing requirements including compliance with audit control points
· Ability to quickly develop a basic understanding of the technical details of the application(s) / system(s) they are testing as well as correlate that activity to the solution and the business it supports
· Ability to translate high level or vague specifications into clear and detailed testing requirements
· Ability to design and create test plans, test cases, complex test data and scripts (including automated scripts) along with execution, documentation and proactively follow up on results; and/or support QA environments
· Demonstrated strong technical and analytical skills
· Detail oriented with the ability to work and guide others during time constraints to meet deadlines
· Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly and solve problems
· Understands the basics of forecasting and funding process
· Demonstrated ability to work on medium sized and cross functional projects
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, Strong time management skills, ability to work well in a diverse environment
· Working knowledge of the tools & technology as pertinent to their role
· Understanding of software development methodology
· General PC knowledge including working knowledge of Microsoft application software (i.e., Word, Excel)
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is the 6th largest Diversity Staffing Firm in the US and a global provider of Business and IT Services, including Staff Augmentation, Managed Staffing Programs, and Solutions, with 25 consecutive years of growth. We have industry expertise in Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Energy/Utility and Retail Distribution. S3 has a domestic and international presence in 31 locations across the US and Europe (including the UK, Lithuania, and the Czech Republic). Our highly trained and experienced staff is committed to not only helping you find a job but making sure that the job is the right fit for you!