- Internships /
- Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance ManagerBookmark This
BioSource International Recruiters
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
This is a key position that offers career growth potential. Our client is a growing company that builds steel buildings and it needs to replace a Quality Assurance Manager who retired. No employees at the plant are qualified and there are no takers from sister divisions because of our long winters. They would like someone who can upgrade their quality processes. You will report to the Plant Manager
- Take responsibility for all welding issues and serve as liaison between shop, engineering and customers
- Assure that quality requirements and regulatory requirements are understood throughout the organization and adhered to at all fabrications.
- Lead the execution of quality activities involving documentation and maintenance of records.
- Continuously train and upgrade the ability of welders and inspectors to identify good welds and products from bad.
- Participate in the inspection of incoming material inspections as well as the finished fabrications.
- Your time will be spent at your desk as necessary and on the floor as much as possible
- Be an active member of the management team focusing on Continuous Improvement
- Associate degree in Engineering or Technology and 5+ years' experience working as a certified welding inspector
- Experience using dye penetration and / or ultrasonic inspection methods
- Certification in welding through AWS, CWB, CSA, MBMA
- Experience with three-plate welding, I-beams and other large mig weldments
- Solid foundation in SPC and other statistical quality practices
- Union experience would be helpful
- Health and life insurance
- Profit sharing bonus averaging 5%
- Relocation assistance
- Paid holidays and vacation