- Internships /
- Quality Engineer (BS deg, 3 yrs auto exp)
Quality Engineer (BS deg, 3 yrs auto exp)Bookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We are looking to fill a full time Quality Engineer position with an automotive supplier located in the Russellville / Auburn, KY area. This positions requires a BS degree and a minimum of 3 years of automotive quality experience to be considered.
Salary range: $55k to $80k DOE
If you fit the job description below, send your resume for consideration.
Serves as primary customer contact for all quality related items which include managing of internal and external sort activity and manage PPM levels while maintaining positive customer relations. Monitor and maintain customer-required items such as mass production and new product activity by using customer supplier manuals and web portals. Serve as facilitator of the corrective action system. Support production and delivery by making informed quality evaluations on product and comparing results with customer specifications and requirements. Support and maintain all internal quality systems. Supporting role in suggestion system.
B.S. in a technical field with a minimum 3 years of automotive quality engineering experience. Should have experience with Japanese and American automakers and have operated in a TS16949 environment. Excellent communication both written and verbal required. Must have experience in problem solving techniques as well as be proficient in blueprint reading/specification interpretation. Experience with APQP process a must. Supervisory experience, experience with assembly, metallurgy and heat treatment a definite plus. Ability to speak and understand Japanese also a plus.
1. Statistical techniques for data analysis
2. Computer skills (MS Word, Excel etc)
3. Problem solving techniques (5-Why, fishbone etc)
4. Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
5. Excellent report creation to effectively communicate to others.
6. Ability to effectively interact with a customer base to achieve desired results.
1. Monitor and reduce PPM through in-process defect analysis and problem solving.
2. Lead the countermeasure activity for customer, internal and supplier related corrective actions by administering the corrective action system for their respective customer.
3. Support the TS 16949 based quality system.
4. Maintain awareness of quality related topics (customer issues, audits etc) with all company personnel.
5. Review and submitting PPAP documents such as PFMEA, control plans, PSW etc.
6. Support department and company wide suggestion system by acting as a role model and acting as a resource for completion of projects.
7. Support department and company wide 6S program through leading by example and ensuring their work area is meeting company 6S targets.
8. Act as the voice of the customer, including direct interaction with the customer and establishment as the first line of communication to the customer.
Responsible for performing tasks in an environmentally safe and legal manner, conforming to all applicable site/departmental environmental programs, and promptly communicating issues of environmental concern to the department Human Resources Manager or Environmental Management Representative (EMR).