- Internships /
- Quality Inspector
Quality InspectorBookmark This
Astro Mfg & Design
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Quality Inspector – CMM Programmer
Astro Manufacturing & Design – Eastlake, OH
Astro is a full service custom manufacturer offering comprehensive manufacturing services for businesses in the medical, commercial and military aerospace, automotive and other industrial and technology related industries. We are seeking an experienced, 1st Shift Quality Inspector to join our team of talented and dedicated employees.
• Create new and correct/modify/rewrite existing CMM Inspection programs and Inspection Plans.
• Provide floor support, training, and troubleshooting to insure quality product and sustained compliance.
• Identify, design, review and implement tooling and fixtures associated with inspection of components or assemblies on specified CMM machinery.
• Define complete CMM inspection operational details required to qualify the component or sub-assembly.
• Participate in problem solving and corrective action teams where the CMM inspection techniques developed are utilized to evaluate root causes, generate data driven solutions, and provide sound lasting corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
• Inspect in-process and finished product to ensure compliance to drawing specifications, customer and Astro requirements.
• Perform 1st article inspections per customer requirements.
• Communicate and document findings of any non-conforming product.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in CMM Programming, inspection, measurement, and designing holding fixtures.
• Renishaw MODUS experience.
• Working knowledge of/experience with Geometric Dimension & Tolerance (GD&T) interpretation.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office
• Visual Basic knowledge
• Ability to write clear work instructions
• Ability to assess, troubleshoot, and provide resolution to technical problems in a timely cost effective manner
• Visual Basic experience
• 3-D modeling experience (SolidWorks/Pro-E)
• BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
We offer our employees a Family Oriented, Dynamic Work Environment, Growth Potential, and a Competitive Compensation and Benefits Program that includes: Health Care Plans, Dental Plan, 401-K Retirement Savings Plan- with Company Match, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off and more!