- Internships /
- Release of Information Specialist - Auburn Hills, MI
Release of Information Specialist - Auburn Hills, MIBookmark This
BACTES Imaging Solutions
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Summary: Verify and process requests for medical records from third parties and patients in compliance with HIPAA, state laws, and company standards. This is a Full-time position, working out of our remote processing center in Auburn Hills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete release of information (ROI) requests including scanning patient’s medical chart and returning chart, according to established procedures and established standards of quality and productivity.
- Provide excellent customer service by being attentive and respectful; ensure understanding of customer requests and follow through as promised; and being proactive in identifying client concerns or problems.
- Communicate internally and externally using email and phones.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, with records and files properly stored before leaving area.
- Maintain working knowledge of the existing state laws and fee structure.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with client/site policies and procedures, including HIPAA, state/federal regulations related to operations, and labor regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality, security, and standards of ethics with all information.
- Work with privileged information in a conscientious manner while releasing medical records efficiently and accurately.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- 1 year prior experience in a medical records department or like setting preferred. RHIT/RHIA is a plus
- Must have strong computer software experience – general working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Excellent organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Must be personable, able to work independently, and able to work with the public.
BACTES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
BACTES recently became a part of Sharecare. Created by Jeff Arnold (the founder of WebMD) and Dr. Mehmet Oz, Sharecare is the leading online health and wellness engagement platform, providing millions of health-conscious consumers with a personal, results-oriented experience by connecting them to the most qualified health resources and programs. Working together, BACTES and Sharecare are bringing new patient acquisition and patient engagement services to healthcare providers to support growth and "Meaningful Use".