- Internships /
- Resident Engineer - Automotive Electronics
Resident Engineer - Automotive ElectronicsBookmark This
d. Diversified Services
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Resident Engineer - Warren, MI
The Resident Systems Engineer provides the technical interface between our customer
and the engineering team. The Resident Systems Engineer will travel to the
customer’s development center, understands the customer’s requirements, and makes
sure that our product meets them.
• Support customer in all technical issues related to camera: Update ECU
software at customer engineering facilities and plants using CAN or LIN based
programming tools. Troubleshoot bench and assembly plant issues related to our
• Perform systems validation of our products: Test ECU at customer bench and in
customer vehicles. Validate that our product functions and performs to customer
requirements. Write detailed defect reports of any anomalies found; defects have
to be sufficiently precise and include data (e.g. CAN traces & video recordings) to
allow effective problem resolution. Act as a “first pass filter” to identify duplicate
defects and defects outside of the scope of system (e.g. separate defects
from change requests).
• Understand and document customer requirements using a requirements
management tool. Manage and negotiate customer requirements, change requests,
and unwritten expectations. This task may include translation of customer
requirements into English.
• Create and maintain project documentation:
o System requirements specification
o System test plan
o Customer change requests
o Other documents, as needed
• Support creation of:
o 8D reports
o Open Issue list
o Timing Plan
o Other documents, as needed
• Perform work assignments as a highly competent engineer, requiring independent
design, implementation and testing of the components
• Work assignments primarily involve intermediate through advanced level work,
moving toward complete technical competency and mastery of the field
Knowledge and Education
Required Training /Education:
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or computer science
4-8 years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) in
serial development. Automotive electronic (mandatory).
Skills and Competencies
• Skilled mediator: Always keeps the customer’s interested in mind and drives to
find win-win solutions that address customer’s needs and help stay within
budget and timing.
• Self-Motivated: Thrives on bringing structure to an unstructured task.
• Works independently without direct supervision.
• Can effectively prioritize work to best address project needs.
• Hands-on approach: Finds out exact nature of a defect / tries to replicate reported
defects by testing on bench and in vehicle.
• Working knowledge in structured engineering approach
• Working knowledge of configuration management (preferably PTC/MKS),
project monitoring and control techniques
• Troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Knowledge of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques
• Able to work effectively in a global environment
• Able to represent technical topics internally and externally
• Travel (domestic and international) may be needed
• Self-motivation, tenacity, and determination are very useful in this position
• Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
Computer Skills (Advanced)
• Knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel)
• CANoe, CANalyzer or similar network analysis/simulation products
• OEM diagnostic tools (e.g. FCA CDA, VW VAG/ODIS)