- Internships /
- Retail Team Member / Sales Associate
Retail Team Member / Sales AssociateBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Sales Associate at United Pacific works at an assigned store location. The Sales Associate assists in the operation of the facility in a safe, customer-focused, and profitable manner. He/ She performs various duties including, but not limited to: Daily cash handling, lighting/fixtures cleaning & maintenance, and ensures the security of all inventory and currency to avoid theft and inventory shrinkage. Employees in this classification receive direct supervision within a framework of well-defined United Pacific company policies and procedures. The Sales Associate will need to have the ability to learn to operate a cash register, computer console, and other equipment and tools related to the work task. This position reports to the Store Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to work alone in the store for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, in both verbally and in written form.
- Must be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States if hired.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including overnight shifts and holidays. Physical abilities necessary:
- Ability to stand and/or walk for an at least 8 hours.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds from ground to overhead up to 30 minutes of workday.
- Ability to occasionally push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing a hand-truck).
- Ability to occasionally climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials, and/or place or remove signage.
- Approximately 75% of work is performed indoors, but there are times when extended periods of work may be performed outside.
- Capable of working in small spaces at times.
To be successful at United Pacific, each of us must embrace the “I Got It!”Culture. This culture influences our daily work and enhances our service commitment to our customers, vendor partners, communities, and each other. It helps define who we are today and guide us to become even better tomorrow.
The job qualifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. United Pacific is an EOE.