- Internships /
- Sales, Wine, Direct to Consumer, Sommelier
Sales, Wine, Direct to Consumer, SommelierBookmark This
Castello di Amorosa
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Start your Career in Direct to Consumer Wine Sales at Castello di Amorosa in the Napa Valley.
“One of the best places to learn about customer service, wine sales and winemaking with some history thrownin.” Stephen K. “The learning opportunity and compensation can’t be beat.” Vincenzo C.
We are an exciting, high volume and fast paced winery seeking part to full time, long term direct to consumer sales people who are enthusiastic and customer service oriented. At Castello di Amorosa, we pride ourselves in providing our guests with not only a wonderful experience, but leaving them with beautiful memories.
The Tour and Tasting personnel are responsible for conducting tours of Castello di Amorosa and presenting tastings of the Castello di Amorosa wines. We are a fast paced work environment looking for astute sales professionals to serve the wine novice to wine aficionado. Wine knowledge preferred, but not a necessity. You must possess a desire to constantly learn about the winery business, possess excellent communication skills, an unquenchable desire to offer all guests a first rate winery experience, and a desire to rise above the mundane. As a direct to consumer winery with no distribution, the customer experience is paramount. Must be extremely reliable, work well under pressure, and display a positive work ethic. Sales experience a plus. An unique opportunity for the wine enthusiast in you to serve the customer.
Among the highest bonuses in the industry for top sales staff paid. Paid vacation time and other benefits available for part time employees. Other benefits, include medical coverage, dental, vision, life insurance and other supplemental insurance, 401(k) with match, wellness incentives, education reimbursement and paid sick leave and holiday pay. 30-40 minute drive from Downtown Napa or Santa Rosa. A Calistoga shuttle stop from Santa Rosa via Ridepal.
Come work at one of the most interesting places in Napa Valley!
Job responsibilities for Tour and Tasting Guides may include:
- Educate the guests about the wines, winemaking techniques and winery information and history.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
- Contribute to group sales goals by accomplishing personal goals.
- Greet and serve guests in a friendly, gracious manner
- Promote the wines of the Castello by pouring and selling the wines and adjusting content of presentation based on qualifying customer’s personal interest, knowledge and ability to purchase.
- Promote the Wine Club
- Escort groups of people through the Winery along specified routes and explain various winery processes and operations of winery machines
- Provide support for privately booked and winery sponsored events
- Be able to learn and present tour material as directed
- Maintain and restock your working area
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist with inventory management
- Project a professional company image through in-person interaction.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills in English a must
- Visibility of work requires attention to detail, and discretion with confidential information.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Must have ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license and have reliable transportation
Reports to: Tasting Room Manager
Part to full time and long term positions available.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, and varying degrees of heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is frequently moderate to loud.
This is a part time to full time, non-exempt, variable hour position, Daytime weekend availability required.
Castello di Amorosa is an Equal Opportunity Employer