- Internships /
- Systems Engineer
Systems EngineerBookmark This
Western Alliance Bancorporation
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Overview: Western Alliance Bank is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Systems Engineer to maintain and enhance their core technology platform. We want creative, highly-motivated engineers who take the initiative, have good sense of urgency and are comfortable working in a fast paced, agile environment. You will be expected to develop new approaches and designs to translate our existing platform to a more scalable architecture.
- Work both independently and as a part of a team to design, build, test, and maintain a complex web infrastructure.
- Work in a high energy team environment to deliver complex infrastructure changes
- Handle production support efficiently and reccomend prevenitive steps
- Develop innovative approaches and solutions to complex technology challenges
- Create and maintain well-written technical documentation
- Balance and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively
- 5+ years of Windows Server experience. 2012 R1 and R2 experience a bonus.
- .NET and C# experience. Ability to find and fix basic bugs in code in Visual Studio
- 2+ years of MS-SQL or relational database experience
- Experience with basic Release Management principals and work experience in environments with strict change control procedures
- 3+ years - demonstrated experience in Microsoft Active Directory
- 2+ years of experience using or supporting a CMS. Sitecore experience a bonus.
- Working knowledge of web hosting concepts
- Strong understanding of IIS6+ with an emphasis on IIS8 and IIS8.5.
- Ability to create and configure websites and install Windows services. Debugging and troubleshooting skills for website issues on both servers and web browsers.
- Ability to deploy updated code or content to websites, web applications, and web services
- Agile development experience
- Bachelor's in engineering, computer science, or related field
- Understanding of web server hardening standards and best practices
- Advanced SQL DBA concepts such as database mirroring, performance tuning, indexing, foreign key concepts, general schema, etc
- Functional knowledge of load balancing concepts (persistence, load balancing method, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of DNS and DNS concepts
- Experience designing or implementing multitier (n-tier) architectures
- Working knowledge of other web/app server technologies such as Tomcat and JBOSS
- Past experience using ICDNs