- Internships /
- Senior Underwriter- DE
Senior Underwriter- DEBookmark This
Commerce Home Mortgage
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DE Underwriter is responsible for the execution of underwriting based on company policy and standards. The Underwriter ensures sound decisions to protect the financial and operational interests of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Authorized to underwrite FHA loan products.
• Communicates regularly with loan officers and Processors regarding status of loans via current technology
• Follows file and check order as conditions are signed off and new information is received
• Maintains file order integrity
• Maintains current working knowledge on current products
• Leadership with respect to direction of underwriting resources and credit policy execution within team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prefer a minimum of five (5) years specific underwriting experience.
• Must possess valid CHUMS ID number.
• Must have demonstrated satisfactory knowledge of DU and LP input.
• Ability to properly interpret DU and LP, communicate and document their findings.
• Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and email systems.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Proven leadership skills.
• High integrity and confidentiality required.