- Internships /
- Service Technician/ Building Maintenance
Service Technician/ Building MaintenanceBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
Under the direction of Building Engineer, the Service Technician is responsible for the physical appearance and maintenance of the apartment community, ensuring that the maintenance component of the property is being operated in accordance with Douglas Emmett standards and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned.
· Maintain exterior of the property to provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times.
· Make recommendations to the Building Engineer for needed repairs and improvements to the property. Must possess knowledge of electrical, plumbing, lighting and appliances.
· Respond to all service requests as directed by the Building Engineer and complete all work orders in a timely and professional manner.
· Maintain or supervise proper maintenance of all common area amenities. Inspect gym equipment, swimming pool(s), etc. on a daily basis and report findings to Building Engineer.
· Inspect all common area lighting, sprinkler systems, fire prevention systems and fire extinguishers regularly.
· Become familiar with the operation and maintenance requirements of all equipment.
· Maintain compliance with OSHA regulations and hazardous chemicals program.
· Must be available for emergency calls after hours.
· Projects a professional image by meeting all DE dress code standards.
· Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner with residents, employees and vendors.
· Ability to exercise good judgment.
· Good customer service and management skills.
· Team player attitude.
· Requires frequent walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, standing, reaching and the ability to ascend stairs and ladders.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Driver’s License: [ X ] Yes [ ] No
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS UTILIZED IN THIS POSITION
Various small, power tools
Protective gear (back protector, safety glasses/goggles, gloves, ear plugs, etc.)
The Company's office portfolio includes 67 properties totaling approximately 17.7 million rentable square feet, and its multifamily portfolio consists of ten properties with a total of 3,336 units.
Douglas Emmett's properties are currently located in nine premier California submarkets - Brentwood, Century City,Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Olympic Corridor, Westwood, Sherman Oaks/Encino, Warner Center/Woodland Hills and Burbank - with a growing presence in Honolulu, Hawaii.