- Internships /
- Service Technician - HVACR (Commercial / Industrial)
Service Technician - HVACR (Commercial / Industrial)Bookmark This
CHC Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Reports to: Service Manager
1. Summary of Duties
The Service Technician reports to the Service Manager and is responsible for performing a range of HVACR jobs for industrial, commercial and residential customers.
Customer based activities involved in this position require an individual who is decisive, tactful, dependable, and who possesses initiative and the ability to communicate well with all customer groups. A Service Technician must be able to accurately diagnose and efficiently accomplish a job to the mutual benefit of the customer and CHC. Job related contact could occur with virtually all demographic groups, with the majority of the contacts being service customers, other CHC technicians, the Service Manager, Dispatcher and the Parts runners.
Daily job stress will range from minimal to extreme, based on such factors as the weather, site consideration, time constraints, sales potential, travel requirements, job complexity, and customer needs. An average workday will be moderately stressful.
Representative duties include:
- Serving as a member of ad hoc Service Department teams, which are organized to conduct HVACR servicing jobs promptly and efficiently.
- Performing routine HVACR service activities without direct oversight or on-site assistance.
- Assisting the Senior Service Technician(s) in the training of other CHC employees on service related subjects, including callback prevention and equipment protocols.
- Conducting point-of-work sales of services, unit components, unit replacements, add-on units, and commercial service contracts.
- Developing lead referrals for the sales staff.
- Conducting non-service work in support of the Installation Departments, as assigned.
- Performing related duties as directed by the Service Manager.
2. Job Qualifications
High school graduate and graduate of a post-secondary HVACR program of instruction of two or more years in duration.
One or more years of successful experience, either as a commercial service or installation technician.
Good verbal and reading skills include the ability to read and apply manufacturers’ instructions and to clearly communicate with residential and commercial customers, suppliers, and other CHC employees.
Physical ability to:
- Perform all duties noted above under the conditions, circumstances, and extreme weather conditions found in Tennessee
- Possess good vision (either naturally or with correction).
- Life and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 60 pounds frequently.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Climb and balance on ladders and stand for long periods of time.
- Must not have fear of heights (acrophobia).
Interest and initiative in maintaining and advancing his or her HVACR skills through a combination of self-study, company, training, manufacturers’ workshops, and other professional development activities.
Current Tennessee operator’s license and the ability to operate all vehicles in the corporate fleet within 30 days of initial employment. Incumbent must be insurable by current CHC insurance carrier.
Ability to work under pressures of time, a non-standard schedule, weather, customer needs and backlog constraints.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Candidates must have a minimum of three years of experience.
EOE/Drug Free Company
CHC Mechanical Contractors, established in 1969, is an award winning commercial/industrial subcontractor. Our corporate office is located mid-way between Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee. We also have an office in Nashville. Our primary market is the middle Tennessee area.
Visit our website at www.chccompanies.com to learn more about our company.
We offer a full range of benefits including health/vision/dental/life/cancer/long and short term disability insurance plans, 401k plan, vacation, holidays, incentive programs, etc.
Not from our Area?
Interested in relocating to a Tennessee community that offers a great quality of life for you and your family? Visit the website for our local chamber of commerce to learn more about our community at cookevillechamber.com.
EOE/Drug Free Company