- Internships /
- Shipping Manager
Shipping ManagerBookmark This
The Yeater Group
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Please note: You must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Please don’t waste your time or ours by apply without the above requirements.
We currently have a position open for a Shipping Manager based in Nashville, IL. I thought I would check with you to see if you might know of anyone who would be interested
Reports to: Director of Operations
Supervises: Shipping Supervisor(s), Logistics clerk(s), Forklift Operator(s) and 18-40 hourly employees
Responsible for the management of all shipping department activities including, but not limited to, the productivity and development of all employees engaged in the picking, packing, and shipping/logistics process.
- Process and ship orders to meet internal timeliness metrics while limiting or eliminating labor waste.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow to obtain maximum staff effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintain a flexible work force for the variation in daily orders and scheduling.
- Prepare and ship pallet orders for key customers in compliance to all vendor specifications.
- Become a SME in regards to all vendor compliance manuals, as they apply to freight.
- Oversee work for quality, accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Be a cross-functional leader, collaborating with other departments such as production, maintenance, inventory management and quality assurance.
- Work seamlessly with and in support of the Citizens Service Department to foster best in class customer service.
- Analyze and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of the department.
- Coordinate with shipping carriers to arrange the pickup of orders as needed.
- Manage third party warehouses and distribution of inventory to maintain optimum code rotation on products.
- Prepare employee efficiency reports.
- Participate in the hiring and training of new employees.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
- Maintain a clean and safe shipping area at all times, focusing on food and employee safety.
- Ensure proper rotation and control of all finished goods inventories.
- Maintain an injury free workplace and be an active participant in the plant safety committee.
- Manage international freight to international customers.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 10+ years operational leadership experience
- Forklift certified trainer
- Critical thinking and analytical/problem solving
- Superior communication and planning
- High sense of urgency
- Thorough with good attention to detail
- Leadership and coaching strength
- “Can do” attitude
Key Expectations of the Job
- Driving or impacting Revenue
- Ensure equipment and resources are available to support dollar revenue growth.
- Achieve determined rate for all non-hard goods products.
- Establish processes within the department to achieve the “wow” factor for customer service – both internal and external customers.
- Achieve customer complaint goal of not to exceed 3.0 complaints per million units.
Impacting or improving Profits
- Achieve cost of sales budget.
- Execute warehouse automation and improve labor efficiency.
Building or developing the Organization and our People
- Achieve 20% turnover or less in department.
- Achieve annual goal rates on OIR and LTI.
- Establish processes to promote teamwork and collaboration.
Base Salary – high 5 figures
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
10+ to 15 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
- Are you a forklift certified trainer?
- High sense of urgency and thorough with good attention to detail?
- Do you have experience with managing third party warehouses and distribution of inventory to maintain
- Critical thinking and analytical/problem solving
An ideal candidate would be one that is a critical thinker and strong with analytical/problem solving. They would need superior communication and planning, a high sense of urgency with good attention to detail. Ideal for leadership and coaching strength and collaborative. Someone that can roll up their sleeves with a “Can do” attitude.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE WORKED FOR THE FOLLOWING COMPANY(IES):
Any Food and/or Beverage companies
Bass Pro Shop distribution center, Target distribution center, Costco warehouse management, UPS, Fed Ex
The Yeater Group is a Global full service executive search and consulting firm focuses exclusively on the dynamic and changing needs of the energy industry. TYG industry specialties are the Distributed Energy, Combined Heat and Power (CHP), Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Organic Rankine Cycle, Waste Heat to Energy, and Cogeneration. The firm also has extensive experience in recruiting for the Natural Gas and large Power Generation segments. We also work closely with Utility and Engineering / Consulting companies that are focused on these industries. Headquartered in Dayton, Nevada, it has affiliate offices in the Los Angeles, Boise, the Philippines and China to serve the needs of candidates and companies globally.