- Internships /
- Shipping/Receiving Associate
Shipping/Receiving AssociateBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
POSITION MISSION:The mission of this position is to provide excellent service in the shipping and receiving process. The Shipping/Receiving Associate (SRA) is accountable for receiving materials with accuracy, executing all shipping and receiving tasks, maintaining detailed inventory records, coordinating return of material, and assisting in the kitting process.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The SRA is responsible for all products received on a daily basis. The SRA will assist where needed in checking, marking, and storing all material for processing. All sub-contract machine components and sub-assemblies will be checked for completion, quality, and verified according to related documentation.
The SRA is responsible for matching all product received against the associated P.O. The SRA is responsible for communicating to the Shipping Lead if product is incorrect, missing, late, or damaged.
The SRA will assist with all shipping processes. This includes Alliance deliveries, UPS, FedEx, and other common carriers. The SRA will fill out proper shipping documentation for all including packing slips, bill of ladings, or other related documentation.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Responsible for timely and accurate receipt of all product
- Steel or Raw Materials
- Sub-Assembly Materials
- Sub-Contract Materials
- Receive all product in against P.O.
- Match P.O. to product (count, quality, etc.)
- Track down missing or odd components
- Maintain proper order of the job shelves and assist with excess inventory items.
- Responsible to set up and complete all incoming and outbound shipments. This includes Fed-Ex, UPS, LTL, and shipment of completed jobs.
- Responsible for requesting RMAs and completing vendor returns.
- Assist with the job kitting process as directed by Purchasing/Shipping Manager or Shipping Lead.
- Champion and defend the shipping/receiving and kitting processes in a way that maintains good order. This includes a willingness to confront behavior of others that is outside the established guidelines.
- Complete other tasks as directed.
OTHER COMPETENCIES (not listed above):
· Concerned for quality - monitor work, systems & processes & take action to ensure that they meet or exceed standards.
· Shared Mindset – Putting what’s best for the company first.
· Optimistic – Portray positive attitude.
· Innovation – Foster & initiate new ideas, methods & solutions.
· Conceptual thinking – Use concepts & theories to find similarities & put ideas together in new ways to solve problems, innovate & better communicate.
- Computer literate, Microsoft Word, Excel, JobBoss. Typing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to provide accurate results.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements.
- Healthy conflict resolution skills.
- Takes ownership of the responsibilities outlined for this position.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Fork-lift Certification
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
· Clean driving record required
· CDL required
· 3 years’ experience in similar position
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
We are dedicated to growing our organization, our employees, our customers and our partners by providing custom turnkey automation systems and services that optimize our customer's productivity and profits.