- Internships /
- Software Design Engineer II
Software Design Engineer IIBookmark This
d. Diversified Services
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Leads assigned programs/projects ensuring the software engineering team meets project milestones and deadlines. Designs, develops, tests, and documents software code for use in automotive embedded instrument cluster micro controller systems. Works with other Company engineering groups to implement customer requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, creates and updates software design documents adhering to established development process to ensure proper and efficient software design.
- Writes debugs and tests software code for automotive embedded software systems.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets microcontroller manuals to write driver level software to get the microcontroller running.
- Creates state diagrams, block diagrams and sequence diagrams to illustrate the software structure at higher and lower levels.
- Prepares software test documents for integration tests and tests software to ensure that it operates as required and integrates into the overall system properly.
- Analyzes internal design specifications created by the Systems Engineering Dept. to ensure proper implementation.
- Reviews software created by peers, to ensure that software is designed properly.
- Performs QAC checks to assure that software code follows MISRA-C requirements.
- Releases production and beta software, while meeting internal and customer milestones.
- Collaborates with the System Engineering team to diagnose, root cause and implement corrective actions for vehicle, quality or plant issues.
- Researches and implements new tools to improve software processes and work more efficiently.
- Explores new technologies for upcoming projects to improve software design capabilities and meet customer desires.
- Leads assigned programs/projects and ensure that the systems team meets its required deadlines.
- Reviews other Engineers’ work with respect to internal Quality Gate metrics and advises team on necessary changes.
- Presents Quality Gate documentation to Software Quality Assurance team during periodic reviews.
- Mentors and provides guidance to other systems engineers..
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering with a minimum 3-5 years of experience or a Master’s Degree and a minimum 0-2 years of experience in computer science or engineering with satisfactory completion of coursework in Embedded Programming, Embedded Controls and/or Embedded System Design.
Knowledge and experience:
- Work requires the ability to write, debug, and test embedded C/C++.
- Work requires experience working with 32 bit microcontrollers.
- Work requires the ability to analyze and interpret microcontroller manuals.
- Work requires knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Work requires knowledge of vehicle communication such as CAN/LIN/MOST/SPI/Ethernet (TCP/IP).
- Ability to read, understand and create diagrams, charts and schematics.
- Work requires the ability to create software development documents and test specifications from function.
- specifications using MS Office Application Suite of tools.
- Work requires knowledge of MISRA-C standards.
- Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with customers and multi-cultural teams.
- Work requires the ability to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Work requires the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Work requires the ability to communicate (verbally and written) in a clear, concise manner.
Travel:Occasional travel domestic / international may be required, maximum 10%.
Availability:Normal business hours; after-hours and weekends as needed.