- Internships /
- Software Engineer
Software EngineerBookmark This
Cherokee Services Group
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) provides leadership and funding for programs that advance agriculture-related sciences. They invest in and support initiatives that ensure the long-term viability of agriculture.
They are in need of a Software Engineer to aid in their mission.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing analysis, design, and development of multiple object oriented applications. He or she will work closely with a team of developers and testers during each step of the process.
Specific job responsibilities include:
• Lead and participate in design sessions based on user requirements
• Perform development of multiple applications, followed by testing and implementation
• Install, upgrade, configure, and maintain multiple application environments
• Research and analyze creative solutions to user requirements
• Interact professionally with clients and team members
• Provide operations and inquiry support
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Experienced Full Stack Developer
• Ruby on Rails Development experience - Advanced/Expert level - 5+ years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, candidates with Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or related field preferred
• 10+ years of prior professional experience with application development and database design
• Advanced level knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Able to take ownership and lead development in multiple applications
• Willing to coach and mentor junior developers
• Works well in a team and able to successfully collaborate with others
• Ability to communicate complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong written and oral and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Permanent Residency or US Citizenship required
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Prior work experience with Hobo
• Familiar with the Agile Process
• Familiar with Test Driven Development
• Experienced in Rails Unit, Functional and Integration Testing
• Intermediate knowledge of these technologies: ElasticSearch, Redis, Torquebox, JRuby, Oracle, Sass, Slim, Haml, D3, AWS
• Experience with data warehousing, and/or business intelligence
• Experience with government customers
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10374 online at www.cherokee-csg.com
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf