- Internships /
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Software Quality Assurance EngineerBookmark This
d. Diversified Services
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for execution of day to day activities relative to Engineering Quality Assurance functions within Company. The Quality Assurance Engineer will coordinate activities with internal and external groups to ensure proper engineering processes and methods are being followed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of engineering process related documents and ensure processes are in conformance with industry standards.
- Monitor every phase of the software development process to ensure design quality by confirming development team’s adherence to Company engineering standards.
- Performs periodic audits to ensure process adherence.
- Track, monitor, and report on the status of quality and process improvement efforts.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with system and software engineers to plan and install new processes and/or process improvements to existing practices.
- Organize and arrange for training or continued education related to process improvements.
Formal Education and certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Software Engineering or similar discipline required.
Knowledge and experience:
- At least three years of engineering experience, preferably in software development.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Basic Knowledge of Automotive SPICE and/or CMMI.
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving skills at both a strategic and functional level.
- Proven ability to prioritize, and manage multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) to work effectively with multi-cultural teams and executive level staff as well as external customers.
- Strong team player with demonstrated project management skills and proven track record of meeting deadlines while staying within budget constraints.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally.
- Japanese language skill preferred but not required.
Travel:up to 10%; domestic and/or international
Availability: Monday-Friday, Normal Business Hours. Off-hours as needed.