- Internships /
- Solutions Architect - Chicago
Solutions Architect - ChicagoBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Job Description Summary:
DataStax, the leading provider of database software for cloud applications, is seeking a talented Solutions Architect to join our DataStax team.
As a Solutions Architect, you would be the face of DataStax for our customers, post-sale. You would also help our customers integrate our software into their existing architecture and systems in a dynamic, high-energy environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide empirical-based guidance that leads to the successful development, configuration and delivery of large-scale, distributed solutions built on the DataStax Enterprise platform, Apache Cassandra, SOLR, and Spark
- Create training presentations and demos for customers that highlight the capabilities and operational simplicity of DataStax products
- Customize and adapt presentations for both small and large audiences, as well as with audiences of differing levels of tech experience
- Maximize DataStax' success through effective mentoring and product positioning
- Offer technical insight for customer engagements, internal initiatives, and product development
- Provide feedback for the Product Management team
- Engage with Cassandra community and attend community events
- Work within the Global Solutions Architect team to contribute towards company wide knowledge of Datastax solutions
- Deliver public and private training for customers and partners
- 3 or more years customer-facing experience and presenting complex solutions concisely
- 5 or more years Linux experience, plus 5 or more years of Java and/or Python experience
- 5 or more years in an application development or consulting role, with experience working on and closely with a software developing team
- 7 or more years experience in both traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases including Data Modeling
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with Cassandra, Hadoop, and Solr, and extensive knowledge of database and datacenter architecture in a production environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to travel up to 60% of the time
Become a part of the paradigm shift and help us change how people work and live. We are a global company of innovative and passionate people with headquarters in the heart of the Silicon Valley. We are looking to hire smart and passionate people who work towards delivering results built on the three pillars of Visibility, Accountability, and Respect.
DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology, delivering Apache Cassandra to the worlds most innovative enterprises. Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.