- Internships /
- Special Education Guest Teacher
Special Education Guest TeacherBookmark This
Charter Substitute Teacher Network
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
We all know how important one teacher can be in the life of a student. Do you want to have this kind of impact in the special education classroom and help students achieve academic success? Apply to be a special education substitute teacher for the Charter Substitute Teacher Network!
CSTN is currently hiring for special education substitute teachers, preferably with prior teaching experience (but if not this does not disqualify you!). CSTN works with numerous schools in the Denver area, providing dedicated and reliable guest teachers to campuses.
For you, this means exposure to a variety of innovative and high-performing schools, and opportunity for full-time teaching positions at these respective schools.
We are looking for teachers with excellent classroom control who can maximize student-learning time. Positions are available for classrooms spanning K - 12th grade. Instructions for applying are below.
· Choose your schedule
· Make a difference
· Exposure to a variety of schools
· Competitive Pay
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Execute lesson plan instructions left by the absent teacher, or create your own lessons based on your unique skills and experience
· Create and maintain a classroom culture that fosters safe and productive learning, in accordance with school policies
· Create and maintain a climate of respect and fairness for all students
· Communicate daily outcomes to classroom teacher through substitute log
· Respond and report to "call-in" assignments in a timely manner
· Maintain professional appearance that adheres to school policies
Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong classroom management skills and the ability to foster a safe and productive learning environment
· Excellent promptness and time management skills
· Ability to establish professional working relationships with students and staff
Teacher absences result in massive amounts of lost learning time for students, particularly in high need communities. The Charter Substitute Teacher Network (CSTN) ensures guest teaching time is enhanced to its full potential.
Our mission is to source, cultivate and place the highest quality guest teachers in as many schools as possible. We teach with a sense of urgency and the belief that every child, if given the proper learning environment, has a unique and powerful gift to share with the world. It's our responsibility to help facilitate that learning environment on all days of teacher absence.
CSTN was founded in 2011 by former teachers. We have all taught in the classroom and have extensive experience with high-need student populations. We have served as teachers, administrators, guest teachers and more. Our ability to execute our mission allows us to work with a majority of the charters in Chicago, some of the highest performing networks in Denver, Minneapolis/St. Paul, and Houston, and we're expanding quickly. For more information, check out our website at www.cstnchicago.com.