- Internships /
- Structural Engineer
Structural EngineerBookmark This
J3 Engineering Group, LLC
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
J3 Engineering Group, LLC is seeking a licensed California Structural Engineer(SE) to join our team. This is a senior level position within our firm, the position we are looking to fill would be working remotely or out of a small office in California (Location to be determined with the potential hire, LA, SF or SD).
In this position we are looking for dynamic self-starters that are able to work with our existing engineers as well as attain their own career goals through an always evolving process of business and professional development.
Day to day work will include working with our project teams, developing business as well as learning and setting up best practices.
If you are looking to make the change to an Engineering Leadership role or thought about starting your own firm, this is the position for you.
- Minimum 10 years structural design experience.
- Must have strong detail oriented skills, and possess a problem solving attitude.
- Ability to work with a team, and communicate positively to accomplish the goals of the team and company.
- Ability to clearly communicate your engineering through Autocad sketches to internal (J3) or external (clients) designers/drafters.
- Ability to read contract documents, specifications, and the ability to interpret drawings.
- Must have professional communication skills to work with clients, and to follow standards, set up contracts/proposals, schedule and RFI’s.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the business and achieving organizational goals.
- Strong moral values and high ethical standards.
- A California SE License is required.
- B.S. in Civil / Structural / Architectural Engineering (Structural emphasis), M.S. is a plus.
- Provide structural calculations in accordance state and local building codes.
- Work hand in hand with other J3 staff members to complete projects.
- Review shop drawings for conformance with engineering calculations.
- Identify new revenue opportunities and create relationships to develop business.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Active involvement in professional societies.
- Review and teach younger less experienced engineers.
- Provide Quality Control for structural engineers.
- Act as an office leader for the West Coast.
- To be determined, may include firm ownership options.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the zip recruiter links.
Utilizing the latest technology, our core services include precast concrete design, building component design (tanks, support structures, etc.), cold form steel design, mechanical equipment design and general engineer of record services. One of our greatest strengths is the ability to adapt and evolve our firm around our people taking on new project and service types as we grow. We are a firm where change and improvement is constant.