- Internships /
- Technical Sales Specialist
Technical Sales SpecialistBookmark This
North American Roofing
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Our Technical Specialist works closely with Sales Representatives as a resource to evaluate and recommend the best roofing system solutions for our clients’ needs. You would be instrumental in assisting the Sales Team in closing deals by applying your technical expertise. A Construction background is preferred. Knowledge of or aptitude to learn commercial roofing systems would be necessary for success.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be the technical expert, share your knowledge and influence the sales process.
As a Technical Specialist for North American Roofing, you will:
- Review survey information from the field to verify complete and accurate information has been provided in order to provide the correct commercial roofing system replacement proposal.
- Obtain information from Sales Reps in order to procure the correct scope of work.
- Develop scope of work with the Sales Reps to ensure they are aware of all nuances of the project including reasons for the scope. Review details and detail changes with the Sales Reps to ensure a full understanding of the job specifics.
- Review and critique the Sales Rep’s attempts to write proposals, fill out checklists, and revise drawings and details.
- Update information in CRM system with vendor quotes, correspondence and revised documents.
To be successful, you'll need the following skills:
- 3+ years of experience in the Construction Industry is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of commercial roofing systems across manufacturers a plus
- Ability to quickly understand job/customer specific requirements, industry standards
- Organized and efficient in reviewing plans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Access to a comprehensive healthcare plan that includes medical, vision and dental plans
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans 100% employer paid
- 401(k) Savings Plan with an employer match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Career Development Programs and Training
- Opportunity to participate in community charitable events
North American Roofing Services is a third generation national company built on a foundation of integrity, hard work and committed team members. We are the 3rd largest commercial/industrial roofing contractor in the U.S., holding the prestigious Firestone President's Club Master Contractor (only one of thirty in the country), Carlisle Centurion, GAF Master Select (top 1% of contractors nationwide) and Johns Manville Summit award status for volume and quality.
We continue the tradition of installing value-engineered roofing systems and servicing these systems in all 50 states across the country, growing our list of satisfied customers in various industries and maintaining a healthy, engaging, safe working environment for our team.
North American Roofing is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a drug-free workplace.
Visit us at naroofing.com.