- Internships /
- Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support SpecialistBookmark This
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Peak Scientific, the award-winning, International Technology Company are looking for Technical Support Specialistto join our Service team.
Peak Scientific Instruments are an award winning Scottish Company, specialising in the manufacture of laboratory gas generators for the life science and biomedical market. Our current turnover is $50m, with plans to grow significantly over the next few years. We export 90% of our sales to approximately 126 countries and have opened a number of overseas offices including an expanding operation in the Americas which is headquartered in Billerica, Massachusetts.
Reporting to the Technical Manager – Americas you will be responsible for:
- Providing a high level of technical support in conjunction with the service management system.
- Prioritizing and scheduling of customer requested service/maintenance requests.
- Responding to and recording all incoming technical calls and emails.
- Maintain up to date customer records.
- Informing line manager of all serious complaints and escalations.
You must have a proven track recordin a technical support role and/or fault finding on mechanical systems.
Your key attributes will include:
- Engineering qualification or service engineer background
- Fault Diagnosis
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read/follow electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic diagrams
- Good practical skills and a methodical approach to resolving problems.
- Knowledge of CRM systems.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible on working hours to allow coverage of both seaboards
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong telephone manner and Microsoft Office skills.
Peak is a challenging, dynamic and energised environment, with unlimited opportunities for personal and professional growth. This is a time of explosive expansion for Peak in the Americas, and an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an innovative company providing a technology that is generating more and more interest each day. If you are open-minded, driven, quick to learn, and a proven leader, we want to speak to you. Please submit your resume for the Technical Support Specialist position now!