- Internships /
- Technical Trainer-Transmission Operations
Technical Trainer-Transmission OperationsBookmark This
The Yeater Group
Posted: November 15 2016
TYG-Technical Trainer-Transmission Operations-Washington
Please note: You must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Please don’t waste your time or ours by apply without the above requirements.
We currently have a position open for a Technical Trainer based in Bellevue, WA. I thought I would check with you to see if you might know of anyone who would be interested
Technical Trainer – Transmission Operations
Our Client’s Operational Training Department is looking for a Technical Trainer for our Transmission Operations/Load Office. The successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter that seeks a challenging role in supporting our 24/7 transmission load office staff. In collaboration with leadership, operators and engineers this role will be transformational in creating interactive situational scenarios for use in an operations simulator. This position will require a cross-functional team approach to engage operators, SME’s and others in developing robust simulations to increase the safety, reliability and resilience of our bulk electric system while meeting regulatory requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within the company’s to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. Our Client provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
• Develops, maintains and administers the Transmission Operations and Balancing Training Program & Standard Operating Practices.
• Research, develop, analyze and maintain Dispatcher Training Simulator scenarios.
• Assists, advises and consults on the development and maintenance of standards related to the control of hazardous energy. (Currently the Switching and Clearance Handbook 201.1011)
• Assists or leads in activities of the load office including: special projects, budgeting, and operations documentation and contributes to achievement of team goals and objectives.
• Represents training, advises and consults with Load Office management and other departments concerning power system operations and computer control systems.
• May represent the Load Office on Corporate Committees as required.
• Assist in the research, investigation and development of final reports on safety issues involving Load Office operations in consultation with safety and load office leadership.
• Maintain training systems and records in accordance with corporate training requirements.
• Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary to effectively complete responsibilities; enhance job knowledge and abilities by taking personal responsibility for professional development and training.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 5 years demonstrated knowledge of real-time system operation activities including electric utility distribution operations.
• Knowledge of related codes, construction, standards, work practices, and regulations (FERC, NERC, WECC, NAESB, and CAISO).
• Demonstrated technical training skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
• Knowledge of Transmission, Distribution and Generation System Operations.
• Demonstrated ability to work with, coach and develop diverse employees.
• BA/BS degree in science/engineering or equivalent combination of experience and training.
• Knowledge of the OMS, EMS, OATI, MCC and PCI systems.
• Leading cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines.
• Proficient in MS spreadsheet, word processor and database applications.
• PSE Business acumen.
• Certified First Aid, CPR and AED Instructor.
• Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills.
Base Salary – DOE-High 5 figures/low 6 figures
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
5+ to 7 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE WORKED FOR THE FOLLOWING COMPANY(IES):
Other transmission balancing authorities in the WECC region
WHY WE'RE A GREAT COMPANY
The training group is a service oriented organization in support of critical business functions and provides a team environment to integrate best practices to improve reliability and expertise.
Industry: Energy - Utilities
Job Category: HR Management - Training / E-Learning
Hours Per Week:
Visa Candidate Considered: No
The Yeater Group is a Global full service executive search and consulting firm focuses exclusively on the dynamic and changing needs of the energy industry. TYG industry specialties are the Distributed Energy, Combined Heat and Power (CHP), Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Organic Rankine Cycle, Waste Heat to Energy, and Cogeneration. The firm also has extensive experience in recruiting for the Natural Gas and large Power Generation segments. We also work closely with Utility and Engineering / Consulting companies that are focused on these industries. Headquartered in Dayton, Nevada, it has affiliate offices in the Los Angeles, Boise, the Philippines and China to serve the needs of candidates and companies globally.