- Internships /
- Tire and Lube Technician
Tire and Lube TechnicianBookmark This
Buckeye Complete Auto Care
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Family owned and operated for over 30 years, Buckeye Complete Auto Care specializes in Automotive Repair, Brakes, Steering and Suspension, Engine Diagnostics, Custom and O.E. Exhaust, and Preventive Maintenance. We are seeking a dedicated Tire and Lube Technician to join our growing family!
- Basic and Optional Life
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short and Long Term Disability Ins.
- Accident and Critical Illness
Responsible for servicing and performing preventative maintenance on vehicles, assisting lead mechanic in repairing vehicles, and assisting personnel with turning-back vehicles.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance on vehicles such as changing oil, changing and rotating tires, changing light bulbs, and checking fluids.
- Assisting (not training) technician mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Diagnoses and repairs to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, front end, suspension, alignment, and computer systems.
- Drive motor vehicles.
- Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintains an organized and neat bay.
- Maintains and organizes tire stock.
- Delivery of tires to local stores and wholesalers.
- Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- 1 year shop experience preferred, but willing to train for the position.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Keep a neat appearance (uniforms, safety boots/glasses).
- Must be willing to work scheduled shifts 40 to 45 hours per week.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a valid and clean Ohio drivers license (no DUI, suspensions or tickets)
- Must have current individual auto insurance coverage with at least state minimum limits
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a drug test