- Internships /
- Traveling Construction Supervisor
Traveling Construction SupervisorBookmark This
Wu & Associates, Inc.
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
At Wu & Associates, our mission is to improve the built environment through excellence in sustainability, safety, and customer satisfaction, with a cultural emphasis on diversity and knowledge. Since 1990, our firm has delivered award-winning design and construction services on a national level to high-profile clients ranging from federal government agencies to Fortune 500 corporations, with a focus on LEED sustainable design and historic preservation.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the positions of Field Superintendent and Quality Control Manager to oversee construction at project sites throughout the Northeastern United States.
Prior experience in on-site supervision of public sector projects >$1 million required-- i.e. schools, government buildings, federal facilities. Projects vary in size from $1 million and up and may involve new construction, renovations, historic restoration, and LEED green building certification.
Long term travel is required for the position. Candidates must be available to stay at out-of-state job sites for the duration of the project. Housing and shared transportation are provided at the job site, along with a stipend for periodic travel.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily field supervision of construction projects ranging $1 million - $5 million
- Enforcement of EM385 safety standards and US Army Corps of Engineers quality control standards
- Oversee workers and subcontractors to execute projects to plans and specifications
- Enforce discipline with confident and assertive attitude
- Write daily reports and control all job site activities
- Communicate progress with Project Manager daily
- Coordination of site activities with owners and occupants of site
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience supervising construction projects in the field on a daily basis
- Ability to be stationed at out-of-state project sites
- Positive, self-confident, assertive attitude required
- Satisfactory background check and drug testing
- OSHA safety training
- US Army Corps of Engineers Quality Control Management certification
- EM385 Site Safety and Health Officer certification
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.