- Internships /
- UCS Data Center Engineer, Secret Clearance (#7201) - Perm
UCS Data Center Engineer, Secret Clearance (#7201) - PermBookmark This
Kilburn Enterprises, LLC
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Position Overview: Data Center Engineer with core infrastructure, compute, and storage expertise will provide post-sales technical deployment activities for government and commercial clients. The UC Engineer will need to demonstrate a high level of competency in the planning, implementation, and migration experience for deploying Cisco UCS solutions. Candidates should also be highly motivated, eager to learn new technologies, and able to effectively communicate ensuring superior customer service to maintain a strong customer relationship. Strong preference given to candidates with Vmware and Cisco experience and certifications.
Position Location: Atlanta, Raleigh, DC, or Norfolk, VA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to understand IP Network Convergence and architect/articulate data center networks to facilitate successful transport of multiple types of applications.
• Maintain a working knowledge of emerging trends in the Data Center industry as a whole.
• Ability to deploy end-to-end networks for the deployment of UC of UCS.
• Build, Configure, and / or upgrade new or existing all system components in accordance with customer approved functional design requirements.
• Test and validate system functionality.
• Provide input to development of new products with a focus on Professional Services.
• Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of data center networks.
• Ability to document as-built based on deployment
• Work with the overall engineering team to successfully implement voice, video, and data network solutions
• LAN routing and switching configuration and deployment in an enterprise environment
• UC on UCS deployment for clients
• Provide data center network engineering consulting services, including: assessment, design and implementation of network, storage, compute, and core networking environments
• Assist clients through planning, design and implementation of data and voice communications networks
• Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and minimum of 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing IP based network equipment and/or software applications with a strong preference given to videoconferencing technology.
• CCNP, CCNP-DC or equivalent experience required
• Demonstrated successful track record for engineering project life cycle management from architecture and design to cutover through the first week of system usage
• 5 years+ experience of Cisco UCS deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting experience desired
• 5 years+ experience with Vmware applications and networking
• 5 years+ experience with Nexus, UCS, B-Series, C-Series, SAN, FCoE, NFS, iCSI
• 5 years+ experience with designing and implementing Quality of Service and Multicast
• Strong knowledge of IP protocols, Cisco IOS, switching/routing protocols
• Experience with cloud and hybrid deployments
• Experience with EMC, NETAPP, Symantec, VEAMM
• Experience Microsoft services and applications including DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, SQL
• Excellent communication skills
• Varying indoor working conditions, including office and customer work sites often in a fluid environment.
• Scheduled travel up to 50% or more. Must be able to move equipment and peripherals.
• Flexible work hours with reasonable managers.
• Work from home opportunity with flexible to travel to client facing opportunities.
• Must have Secret Clearance
• Paid professional certification training
• Paid industry conference opportunities
Areas of expertise include:
* Oracle and ERP systems
* Data Center Migration, Consolidation and Transformation
* IT Staffing
* Executive level recruiting
* Sales executives
* Development resources
* Website design
* Career counseling and coaching
Clients retain us because we combine unparalleled expertise with innovative thought leadership to address critical challenges, in both event-driven and long-term scenarios.
Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook to see our newest jobs. https://twitter.com/Kilburn_Co and www.facebook.com/kilburnco
To see all of our jobs please visit our website www.kilburnco.com