- Internships /
- WELD REPAIR TECHNICIAN
WELD REPAIR TECHNICIANBookmark This
d. Diversified Services
Posted: November 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
WELD REPAIR TECHNICIAN
Provide the necessary departmental support to achieve optimal levels of productivity, quality, and delivery to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction as well as to comply with all internal and external environmental, health, and safety requirements.
The selected candidate will report directly to the Weld Maintenance Manager. They will interface on a frequent basis with Production/Assembly, Facility, Maintenance and Quality. The selected candidate will also interface on an as needed basis with IT, Materials, Tool & Die, Accounting and Human Resources.
Roles and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
· Support the enterprise’s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
· Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ie; Quality Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures, etc.)
· Responsible for reporting all accidents or injuries, however minor, and all work place hazards to the supervisor immediately.
· Responsible for following all plant/MIOSHA environmental, health and safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
· Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify that PPE is worn correctly at all times.
· Maintain high standard of housekeeping in the work area following 5S procedures.
· Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the operation.
· Complete alternate duties when primary duties are complete or not running.
· Participate in team problem solving activities as required.
· Interface with customers, contractors and suppliers as appropriate.
· Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and registration through maintaining ISO14001 & TS16949 registration.
· Assist with plant activities as required to achieve quality, productivity & cost reduction goals.
· Support daily production in welding process improvement initiatives and activities.
· Participate in root cause analysis and problem solving activities.
· Maintain a preventative and predictive maintenance program for the weld lines and automation and record activity.
· Effectively communicate weld maintenance issues to the Weld Maintenance Manager.
· Communicate line production and quality status to technicians on other shifts.
· Program and assure efficient operation of line automation.
· Maintain equipment in good working order and assist in line break down repairs.
· Coordinate line operation activities with the Assembly Supervisors/Manager.
· Interface with Tool & Die and Quality Assurance to assure production meets or exceeds customer requirements.
· Follow all prescribed internal and manufacturer maintenance procedures.
· Perform daily work assignments as directed by the Weld Maintenance Manager/Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
· Must have a journeyman’s card or 8 years proven experience in skilled trades.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
· Proven work record.
· Root cause / problem solving ability.
· Two to four years maintenance experience with robotic welding equipment.
· Ability to read prints and schematics.
· Experience in applying lean manufacturing concepts.
· Knowledge of standard quality practices.
· Computer literacy.
· Strong mechanical aptitude.
· Proficient at electrical troubleshooting
· Knowledge in programming of PLC(Control Logix 5000, PLC 5) and robotics (Fanuc, Nachi).
· Ability to troubleshoot and correct part quality issues.
Please apply with your resume to Chris Sikorski at firstname.lastname@example.org.