Content Production Intern at Movie WebsiteBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionSnagFilms is an independent film distributor and a new kind of Media Company – one that selects the best films and related content so you don’t have to wade through all that clutter. Our mission is to bring the world of independent film to broader audiences everywhere we can; a global digital theater showcasing the movies themselves, as well as the information and extras that enriches and provides context. From film reviews and festival coverage to interviews and opinion pieces, we want to empower individuals and communities to make a difference through the power of film.
ResponsibilitiesThe Content Production Intern position is an opportunity to combine your love of technology with your love of entertainment. You'll be working with content from award-winning filmmakers and first-time student filmmakers; distribution companies large and small; and, with many of the world's biggest entertainment properties, who rely on SnagFilms to bring their films to a wide and deeply engaged audience.
• In most cases process, but in some create imagery using Photoshop.
• Build film pages using our CMS for the SnagFilms and Thundershorts websites.
• Chapter films for Advertising.
• Assist the department with various projects as they come up
3 interns - Content Team
Chaptering - Cue points for ad breaks
RequirementsYou are obsessively detail-oriented, you're known among your friends and colleagues for being exceptionally organized, and you thrive under pressure.
An ideal candidate will also have experience with desktop editing (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, graphic design, web publishing for an entertainment company, and/or digital asset management.
• Familiarity (or be willing to be thoroughly trained) with content management (web publishing data entry) or digital asset management systems.
• Experience publishing content for the web.
• Extremely strong spoken and written communication skills (copy editing and proofreading is part of what will be asked of you).
• An appreciation for the television and film businesses, and a deep and abiding love for independent and documentary film.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word.)
• A desire to solve problems and learn.