Film Production InternBookmark This
Big House Pictures
5416 Fair Ave.
North Hollywood, CA
DescriptionCalling all film students! Big House Pictures is getting extremely busy and seeking interns. Qualified part-time interns will gain valuable knowledge and experience assisting directors on a feature film in post production, another in pre-production and several more in various stages of development. Interns will also have free access to a huge library of educational books and DVDs on filmmaking.
Big House Pictures is an independent film production company that currently has projects in every stage of development. This gives interns the unique opportunity to gain vast experience from concept to creation, development to distribution, in a very condensed amount of time. This includes pre-production, production, post-production and the development stages of screenwriting, budgeting, and pitch packaging. Interns may also experience Red Carpet events and important Hollywood lunch meetings. We have a comfortable workspace and relaxing creative environment complete with a cyber cafe, Starbucks coffee station, two private offices with computers, printers, internet and wifi, a sound studio, rehearsal studio, plus a gym with shower/locker facilities as well as outdoor resort surroundings with an Olympic size swimming pool and spa.
Established in Burbank in 2002, Big House Pictures started as a small video production company that produced hundreds of corporate commercials, industrials, educational videos, news reports and documentaries. We also provided digital media services for production companies and individual media and entertainment clients. In addition, in 2006 we started creating our own projects, including a movie trailer, a comedy web series, music videos and three short films. In 2012, Big House Pictures started production on its first feature film with another feature simultaneously in pre-production and a slate of projects currently in development.
As always, we do all this under one roof, Big House Pictures.
Responsibilities- Assist with photography, transferring files and footage, logging footage, shot listing, storyboarding
- Assist with administrative tasks, filing, organizational, scheduling and planning strategies
- Assist on location in studio and field environments
- Contribute to creation of powerful pitch presentations
- Assist in publishing videos to the web and touching-up still photography
- Assist in updating websites, social media and IMDB pages
Requirements- Passion, patience and desire to learn new skills. Anything can be taught and with practice, perfected!
- Knowledge of HD & 4K digital videography and photography cameras and equipment.
- Knowledge or experience with Final Cut 7 & Pro X, Motion, Adobe Photoshop, iPhoto and Final Draft.
- Website and Social Media skills: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, IMDB.