Music & Technology Festival Production InternImprint Projects
Commercial Production InternshipNorth 6
Post-Production InternshipBray Entertainment
EXPERIENCED JEWELRY PRODUCTION INTERNS NEEDED TO HELP WITH PRODUCTION WORK (UNPAID)Alzerina.com
Supply Chain Management Internship with Permanent OpportunitiesGreen King
Production InternBookmark This
The Lucy Desi Center for Comedy
2 West Third Street
DescriptionThe mission of the Lucy Desi Center for Comedy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, is to preserve the legacy of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz and enrich the world through the healing powers of love and laughter through its commitment to the development of the comedic arts. The Lucy Desi Center for Comedy has a four-pillar Legacy of Laughter vision that includes The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival, Comedic Arts Education Program, Comedy Film Festival, and the establishment of the first National Comedy Museum and Hall of Fame.
The purpose of this internship is to give students valuable experience in the production world of comedy at the national-caliber entertainment industry level.
Please visit www.Lucy-Desi.com and www.LucyComedyFest.com for more info.
Responsibilities· Assist with the planning and execution of The Center’s four-pillar Legacy of Laughter vision with a focus on pillar 1 (The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival) and pillar 2 (Comedic Arts Education Program)
· Assist with the distribution and creation of promotion materials and website content of the Lucy Desi Center for Comedy
· Assist with the production of the Lucille Ball Comedy .
· Assistant stage manager for the 2013 festival headlining shows
· Assist with proper, detail-oriented execution of Artist contracts including talent and tech/production riders
· Other duties as assigned
Requirements· Knowledge and experience in the theatrical environment with an understanding of basic stage management, lighting, sound, and other technical aspects
· The ability to execute outstanding hospitality to The Center’s guests and performers
· Basic office skills including an understanding of Microsoft Office
Must be self motivated, able to follow instructions, and detail-oriented. Schedule must be open during the week of August 1-4. Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week for a 3 month period. Must have a great attitude and be an ambassador of the Lucy Desi Center for Comedy. A sense of humor is a must.