WNPR News Production Assistant, Where We LiveBookmark This
Connecticut Public Television
1049 Asylum Avenue
DescriptionHours: 8-24 hours per week – Hours are flexible, but requires an 8 a.m. start
Supervisor: Radio News Director/Technical Director, Where We Live
• Where We Live is a daily news program produced by WNPR/Connecticut Public Radio. It’s an interactive show, where newsmakers and listeners come together to talk about issues and ideas.
WNPR will provide training in web site production, audio production, radio continuity and remote recording. Intern will observe and take part in live broadcasts. As the intern progresses training in news production, feature writing and show production is also possible.
• Screening phone calls during live broadcast of Where We Live.
• Posting Where We Live, The Faith Middleton Show & news articles on the web.
• Acting as first point of contact for guests on the day of the show.
• Gathering “Vox-Pop” interviews for produced segments of show.
• Attending regular show planning meetings.
• Highly organized, self-starter.
• Must be able to arrive at work when scheduled, and meet deadlines as assigned.
• Ability to work closely with others in a newsroom setting.
• Practical experience or interest in news, radio and television.
• Outgoing personality, with a willingness to ask questions of newsmakers, and discuss topics with guests and callers.
• Ability to learn basics of radio production.
• An understanding of the public radio mission.
• A vehicle is preferred.
• The candidate should be pursuing career or course of study related to Communications or Journalism. However, other majors and interests will be considered.
• Candidate must be computer literate and possess keyboard/typing skills.