Production Company/Reality TV InternshipSusuproductions
Designer AssistantMara Carrizo Scalise
Book Trailer Production InternPulse, LLC
Post Production InternTalksOnLaw
Jewelry Production InternshipWe Dream in Colour LLC
Live Video Streaming Show ProducerJulie Braun Co.
Lean Manufactuing InternECA
Auto CAD for Custom Furniture ManufactureAlder & Company
National Web Series Production & Editing InternBookmark This
529 East 12th St
New York, NY
Posted: October 18 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIndependent record label, Day One (www.thisisdayone.com) is offering a Video Editing internship. You will primarily be working on Day One’s music videos for the principal artist, Shah and you'll work closely with our teams in New York, Los Angeles, and Toronto. This position has offers the opportunity to grow with the company and turn into a paid position after a 6 month commitment. If you’re passionate about production, experienced and knowledgeable about rap/hip hop and are interested in working with an emerging record label, please send us your cover letter and portfolio (or links to your work).
Shah's music videos can be seen here: www.youtube.com/DayofShah
Day One’s goal for all internships is for all interns to have a memorable and valuable experience with us. We specifically aim for each internship to lead to either a long-term position with Day One, or employment elsewhere in the field you are passionate about. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities- Help with pre-production work (finding locations, collaborators, crew, etc.), production, and post-production work
- Consult with and work alongside Director, Editor, Producer, and rest of production team as necessary
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the videos and episodes
- Input music, dialogues, sound effects, and graphics
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
Requirements- Organized, reliable, and punctual
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with rap/hip hop and/or comedy
- Proven working experience in production work and/or video editing with a strong portfolio
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro 7 or X and/or Adobe Premiere
- Familiar with syncing multi-camera footage without slates
- Thorough knowledge of timing, continuity, etc.
- Creative mind
- Work well with strict time deadlines and short turnaround times
- Minimum High School Degree (University Degree/College Diploma preferred)