Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology/Behavioral Neurology Research InternshipBookmark This
1420 K Street NW Suite 200
DescriptionWe're a fast growing online voting software company that is leading the charge to study the psychological and neurological impact of empowering individuals, crowds and communities with voting power and a voice in decision-making. We're also studying the behavioral impact of various get-out-the-vote and election marketing techniques and messages.We're looking for talented scientists, neuroscientists, psychology students and researchers to help us study the science behind voting, crowdsourcing and decision-making. The researcher will help us conduct experiments and studies and produce valuable and compelling content.
This internship is a minimum of 6-week program. Available work hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and are flexible based on candidate’s school schedule. An intern should be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. This internship is unpaid.
Responsibilities- Collect and analyze data to understand voting, crowdsourcing and decision making behavior
- Conduct experiments and studies to understand the phenomenon of voting behavior and crowdsourcing
- Perform literature searches
- Produce written, tabular and visual materials for research reports for clients to help them understand voters' behavior
- Develop research survey, questionnaire, or tests
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity
RequirementsOutstanding database and Internet research skills
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Effective written and oral communications skills
Strong listening skills and an ability to interpret information
A high level of integrity and professionalism
Be proactive and willing to take direction
Be intellectually curious and mature
Behavioral Psychology or Neurology coursework
Graduate students strongly preferred
Experience with surveys and data collection
Experience with brain imaging technologies is a plus
Experience with neuromarketing is a plus
* Please apply for this internship if you can work in our office in Washington, DC.