Prevention Intervention Specialist - Children Pre K-1 Grade UNPAIDCleveland Department of Public Health - Prevention Services
Peer Education Program Coordinator - Prevention Services - Summer InternshipCleveland Department of Public Health - Prevention Services
Marriage and Family TherapyEmpowerCare
Social Work - Psychology - Behavioral Therapy Summer program specialist roleSummit Camp & Travel
Unpaid Case Manager Intern-Remote work 20hrs/weekAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
DIRECT CARE INTERNSHIPCaring Hands Community Services
Undergraduate InternsCrittenton Services for Children and Families
Behavioral Therapy InternshipBookmark This
Learning and Behavioral Center, LLC
5554 Reseda Blvd
Posted: September 21 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Learning & Behavioral Center, LLC is an organization dedicated to providing applied behavior analytic treatment to children 18 months - 18 years of age.
We are amongst the most experienced organizations effectively treating children with an absence or deficit in their attention span, language (Verbal Behavior), social skills, fine & gross motor skills, as well as treating excessive behaviors like crying, tantrums, aggression, fidgeting…etc, typically associated with disabilities including but not limited to Autism (ASD), ADD, ADHD, & Down Syndrome.
Our goal is to improve each learner’s quality of life of by teaching the functional skills necessary for living independently, positively, & productively!
We are looking to provide a handful of interns the exciting opportunity to work with our amazing clients. Interns will study, learn, and actively participate in the sessions of our children under the direct supervision of senior therapists and a Board Certified Behavior Analyst. Interns will assist in group therapy sessions and learn how we utilize ABA therapy to combat anti-learning behaviors and significantly improve the development of our kids.
*This is a very hands-on experience. We fully expect our interns to be involved in our therapy sessions. Outside of the initial training period, there is no standing on the sidelines!
Responsibilities- Assist behavioral facilitators in 1:1 and/or group therapy sessions
- Work with children who have social and learning restrictions (includes diagnoses of Autism, ADD, ADHD, PDD etc.)
- Study and learn about Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Work under supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and Senior Facilitators
- Take data and be actively involved in therapy sessions
Requirements- 3 months minimum commitment
- Must be available to work 15 hours/week
- Must be applying for or currently in an undergraduate program in fields of ABA, Psychology, Special Education, General Education, Child Development or related field
- Must be available evenings, afternoons, and/or weekends
- Coursework transcripts to be reviewed prior to acceptance
- Must enjoy working with children
- Must have positive and fun attitude
- TB test clearance
- Background check
SkillsRequired - Positive Attitude, Energetic team player, Always Willing to Learn
Preferred - Experience Working with Children