- Internships /
- Psychology /
- School Based Agency seeking Master's/Doctoral Level Non Paid Intern-Counselors
Psychology InternAW Counseling
Mental Health Worker - InternshipYolo Community Care Continuum
Film company looking for interns - All majors - Must be enrolled in collegePES
Research Internship: Available Psychosocial Career & Life Planning ToolsJerry Cahn
SEO Expert Intern for Personal Development LeaderAKip Productions
Public Relations Intern for Personal Development LeaderAKip Productions
Internet Marketing Intern for Personal Development LeaderAKip Productions
Marketing Intern for Personal Development LeaderAKip Productions
School Based Agency seeking Master's/Doctoral Level Non Paid Intern-CounselorsBookmark This
Outreach Concern, Inc.
Various Locations - LA and OC
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: July 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOutreach Concern Inc. is looking for enthusiastic counselors interested in working in K-12 school settings. This internship fulfills requirements for master and doctoral level candidates working towards traineeship hours and/or school credits. We are seeking students in the Los Angeles area (east, south, west, and north) to work with high risk, low income students on issues related to academic, social, emotional and/or behavioral barriers that hinder their academic success. This is a great internship for someone who is an initiator, quick learner, works well in a group and individually, is willing to drive to a required off site supervision weekly and who is not afraid to ask questions.
If you are interested in applying, do so directly on our website at Outreachconcern.org. Apply under the Tab labeled “interns”.
Here are some of the things our internship/practicum/traineeship site offers:
• The largest school-based counseling agency in California, at over 250 school sites throughout Greater Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley and Orange County
• Over two decades servicing over 600,000 children, adolescents and families
• Preferred provider for all Pupil Personnel Services for LAUSD’s private Title 1 Schools
• Trained over 4,000 interns
• Trainees & Interns acquire 400-800 hours of clinical experience per academic school year
• Introduction to the Behavior Performance Management model proven to be the most successful school-based counseling model in education
• Acquire up to four hours of clinical supervision per week from licensed MFTs, Psychologists and LCSWs
• Comprehensive training throughout the contracted term
• Opportunity for Individual, group and family counseling and prevention programs
• Accommodating and flexible schedule that follows a traditional school calendar
• Exposure to diverse theoretical interventions working with a multidisciplinary team
• Work with at-risk children and adolescents in diverse communities
If you are someone who wants to help children and adolescents develop their full potential, apply today at www.outreachconcern.org. Please note that applicants will only be contacted if they have filled out an application at our website not on internships.com.
-Collaborating with teachers
-Working with principals
-Managing a caseload
Requirements-Must be enrolled in a university
-Must be available to work two days (minimum) at a school site
-Must be wiling to drive to school site and group supervision at a separate location
-Must be a team player
-Bilingual a plus (Spanish/Mandarin)