Mission Internship- Advocacy FocusThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Food SafetyCenter for Science in the Public Interest
Health Promotion PolicyCenter for Science in the Public Interest
HR for Supply Chain Management Evaluation InternGlobal Health Fellows Program II
Emergency Response TeamLouisiana Bucket Brigade
Community Profile InternBookmark This
5508 Parkcrest Drive Suite 203
DescriptionThe Komen Austin Affiliate conducts a Community Profile, also called a community needs assessment, specifically looking at breast health and breast cancer in our five county service area. The Profile is done every 2-3 years and includes demographics, breast health statistics, an assessment of breast health services and a survey of the community’s beliefs about breast health and access to care. The Community Profile helps establish priorities that guide grant distributions and improve educational programs of Komen Austin. The Community Profile facilitates a better understanding of breast health services for the 5-county service area by identifying and prioritizing the areas of most need.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the intern job title and your first and last name in the subject line of the email.
PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE www.komenaustin.org FOR APPLICATION DEADLINES
Responsibilities• Analyze demographic and breast cancer statistics to help determine areas of highest priority.
• Review Quantitative Data Report to help determine areas of highest priority.
• Collect community data using one or a combination of several tool kits provided by headquarters.
• Provide assistance with asset mapping.
• Provide assistance with the analysis of statistical and community data.
• Provide assistance in writing the health systems and public policy analysis.
• Provide assistance in writing the final report.
RequirementsRequired Knowledge & Skills:
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual is helpful
• Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student (preferred) or be a graduate of a college or university (preferred)
• Community health understanding strongly desired
• Experience collecting and analyzing primary and secondary data
• Experience using surveys, focus groups or key informant interviews to collect community data a plus
• Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal skills
• Strong time-management, organizational and research skills and writing skills
• Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate
• Have strong computer skills, including strong experience in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel)
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have reliable transportation
• Hours may vary from the standard 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. based on upcoming community focus groups