Public Health Nursing Workforce Development InternGeorgia Department of Public Health
Graphic DesignerMy Sister's Keeper of the Triangle, Inc.
HIV Case ManagerMy Sister's Keeper of the Triangle, Inc.
Health Literacy San Diego Research InternCommunity Health Improvement Partners
Community Profile InternKomen Austin
Grant Writer InternBookmark This
Minority Health Alliance
P.O. Box 606104
DescriptionMinority Health Alliance (MHA) is a non-profit organization focused on improving health outcomes for minorities. MHA's mission statement states, "The Minority Health Alliance is committed to reducing health disparities among minority populations by promoting health, wellness, and awareness through education and advocacy". It is an organization consisting of due-paying members which organizes and funds events for the benefit of under served minorities. Grant writing interns will be expected to assist in the grant writing process to aid in the acquisition of funds to support MHA's endeavors.
Applicants for the position should email their resume and cover letter to Kimberly D. Sanders, Minority Health Alliance president, at sandersK@neonhealth.org.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities: Grant Writing
1. Assist with research of new funders to develop a grants calendar.
2. Draft compelling grant proposals.
3. Research relevant statistics for proposals.
4. Cast the vision of the Minority Health Alliance to funders.
1. Junior or Senior level student with experience in English and or Communications.
2. Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing and professional phone and email communication is required.
3. Previous experience in research and/or grant writing.
4. Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in non-profit organizations is preferred.
5. Flexibility and self-motivation.
6. Detail oriented, with ability to prioritize under a deadline.
7. Ability to plan and work with various groups of people, and sensitivity to the Minority Health Alliance’s mission.