Disaster Task ForceAABB
Prevention Intern (Substance Abuse Prevention/Behavioral Health) - Tahlequah, OklahomaPrevention Fellowship Program
Prevention Intern (Substance Abuse Prevention/Behavioral Health) - Oklahoma City, OklahomaPrevention Fellowship Program
Prevention Intern (Substance Abuse Prevention/Behavioral Health) - Pueblo of Acoma, New MexicoPrevention Fellowship Program
Prevention Intern (Substance Abuse Prevention/Behavioral Health) - Albuquerque, New MexicoPrevention Fellowship Program
Sex EducatorBookmark This
The Masakhane Center
PO BOX 1494
DescriptionThe Masakhane Center is seeking passionate, motivated young people to join our education team! Sex Educators work in the Newark, NJ community providing much needed sex positive education to the community. Sex Educators receive extensive training on a variety of sexuality topics and workshop management techniques.
While this part-time internship position is unpaid, all educators are given real world, hands-on experience in the non-profit world and sex education field, and the responsibility to manage substantive projects.
All interns are required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week being available all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays and occasionally (once a month) on weekends.
ALL INTERNS MUST WORK THE FOLLOWING DATES:
• SUMMER INTERNSHIP: May 27, 2014 to August 22, 2014
• FALL INTERNSHIP: September 2, 2014 to December 18, 2014
Applications for summer internships are due by May 1st, fall internship applications are due by August 19th. Send your resume and completed application to Stephanie Franklin at email@example.com with Sex Educator Internship as the subject line. Those selected for an interview are contacted within 48 hours. Applications can be found on our website (www.masakhanecenter.org).
• Facilitating sexuality workshops at middle schools, high schools, and community-based organizations.
• Working with local schools and organizations to create tailor-made sex education programs for their institutions.
• Assisting in street outreach and health fairs.
• Assisting in the occasional planning and execution of special events.
• Creating and executing a significant project that utilizes their skill set and interests and are in line with Masakhane’s needs.
• Assisting in curriculum development.
• Assisting in social media planning and daily posting.
The following are qualifications all Sex Educators must have before being considered for any of the three positions.
• Passion for sex education!
• Must be 26 years old or younger.
• Strong advocate for reproductive justice, LGBTQIA rights, and sex positive education.
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals and groups of varying backgrounds.
• Ability to travel throughout Newark. Living in or around Newark is a plus but not a requirement.
• Excellent organizational, time management, writing, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Responsible, creative, reliable and energetic.
• Strong attention to detail.
*We prefer our interns to use this as part of a credit bearing course, but those not seeking credit as also encouraged to apply.